It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Chapter 2, Page 21, Book 10




A compliment is verbal sunshine

Robert Orben

I’m in need of sunshine in my life and more of it has been coming my way this past week but I know that winter isn’t over quiet yet and there will be more gloomy days ahead. So today I was looking at ways to make my own sunshine and this word popped up

Compliment:

an expression of praise, commendation, or admiration: A sincere compliment boosts one's morale

All of us no matter young or old can benefit from giving or receiving compliments

The power of a compliment is only limited by its lack of use. Never underestimate the power of a compliment, it really can go a long way

Take the time to thank people, compliment good work and smile at them

And since there is no cost for compliments there is no excuse for not handing them out.

Even the smallest most simple comments fill the recipient with joy. So knowing that, why would we ever be stingy with compliments? Pay them generously, but not so frequently that they lose their effect

It is Sunday and I’m celebrating the fact that once again I can relax and reboot so I’m ready for a new work week. As always you all are in my thoughts and prayers

It’s SUNSHINE SUNDAY!

I hope your day is filled with a few smiles and lots of sunshine to warm your heart!

‘On Ya’-ma

11 comments:

ADB said...

Isn't that a strange coincidence. Just as I started reading your post, the sun came out! Have a good day.

Hollie said...

I need sunshine too. What a great way to share some sunshine with others. Thank you!

Hollie said...

March 14 is the day the time changes, & I can't wait!

Sonya said...

We were blessed with a clouless 60 degree day yesterday and my entire world seem to breath a sigh of relief and pleasure. The dogs loved it, the cats loved it, the humans loved it. And spirits were high. I think we have another day like that today only maybe partly cloudy as a system comes in for tomorrow. We head back into thirties in a few days though, but at least I like having those "shots" of warmth to give us hope. Hope you enjoy your day.

Ally Lifewithally said...

It is snowing here and really very cold perhaps when the clocks go forward next month Mother Nature will give us some much needed Sunshine ~ Ally x

Barbara said...

Encouragement, praise and smiles for others, plus stopping and counting my blessings. Things I have to remind myself of during this long, cold, wet, sunless and icy winter.

Sometimes God calms the storm - and sometimes he lets the storm rage and calms His child.
Good post.

Tyson said...

Here I am 'Jumping for joy'. The reception is over and it was great and no one had an accident on the terrible snowy roads getting there. JOY

You are a ray of sunshine...in bloggerville
you write such encouraging things
Thanks

Kath said...

No rays of sunshine for me today Ma.Snow of about four inches was covering the ground when I woke.Brrr it's very cold with it too.I realy am ready for some sunshine in my life now.My ronchitis is bad and my commenting I had to miss yesterday,so sorry about that,trying a few this evening though.I am so pleased to read you had some sunshine.Have a Blessed Sunday.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

That corgi :) said...

Thank you Pam for your faithfulness in putting together such uplifting posts day after day! Always a ray of sunshine even in the dreariest of days! Keep up the good work! Truly is appreciated :)

betty

Buttercup said...

We had sunshine yesterday and today. Hurray! It made the world so much brighter. Let me send some your way and let me thank you for all the sunshine and good wishes you bring to my life. Warm and sunny thoughts for the week ahead.

Sybil said...

Thanks for these words Ma..I have been a bit low these last couple of weeks...no real reason...perhaps it is lack of sunshine !! but we had a lovely sun filled day on Saturday so that will keep us going till the next sunshine spell 11
Love Sybil xx