It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, February 19, 2010

Chapter 2, Page 19, Book 10

Celebrating Finally FRIDAY!

As the work week winds down many of us are thankful for the weekend ahead. We like to look ahead. We like to plan ahead. It is often the anticipation of what we might do sometimes that gives us the little push we need to get our work done.

Plans are great but we have to remember that everything can change at a moment’s notice so what we want to do, may not always be what we actually wind up doing. It is really best to live today; to live now. Tomorrow is tomorrow; live it tomorrow.

Living in the moment and enjoying it for all it’s worth is the best way to go.

I cannot always say I enjoy doing my job but I do enjoy the benefits I earn because I do it. Being happy in the present is something we can do if we learn to just accept things as they come with no other aspirations or expectations.

If we watch little children, we can see that kind of happiness. They are the ones that live in the present more than anyone else. Rarely do they do something because of what will come tomorrow.

If we can learn from the past, live in the present and put tomorrow in its proper place, every moment of every day will become one worth celebrating!


Today I will treasure every moment

Happy Friday Everyone!

‘On Ya’-ma


5 comments:

Kath said...

Very good advise Ma,I am slowly learning to do this.I hope you have a Fantastic Friday.I love the tulip graphic.They will soon be sprouting into bloom from my tubs and containers.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Hollie said...

Such a beautiful post. Very inspiring. Enjoying the moment.

Angie said...

Happy Friday Ma! What I plan for each day and what I actually achieve are usually wildly different! the trouble is when I'm laying in bed deliciously cosy, I imagine I can move a lot quicker than I really can.

That corgi :) said...

I agree with you, Ma, about living in the moment and not try to rush things along in our lives. I think we wish away big parts/chucks of it, wish for the baby to sleep through the night, wish for them to walk, wish for them to talk, wish for summer vacation, etc. we need to take each day as a wonderful gift it is from God and enjoy it for that very reason :)

happy Friday!

betty

Joann said...

Good reminder!! The only thing I have planned this weekend is a dental appt. LOL!! After that, I'll just take it as it comes!! = ) My FAVORITE way to spend a weekend!