It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Chapter 2, Page 17, Book 10




Wonderful Wednesdays!

Today is Ash Wednesday the beginning of the Season of Lent

Lent falls during the late winter and early spring seasons. Lent is a time to season our lives with a deeper realization of what we actually believe. It is a season to take stock of our lives and show the Lord we are grateful for the gift of faith.

Bits and pieces from one of my daily meditations

I’m so very thankful for this season in my life. It isn’t one that is known for celebration but it is a very important part of the year. We all need time to take stock of our beliefs and the reasons for them.

Lent, which means springtime, can be viewed as a spiritual spring cleaning: a time for taking spiritual inventory and then cleaning out those things which hinder our growth in our faith and renews our sense of who we really are before God


To everything there is a season,
a time for every purpose under the sun.
A time to be born and a time to die;
a time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
a time to kill and a time to heal ...
a time to weep and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn and a time to dance ...
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to lose and a time to seek;
a time to rend and a time to sew;
a time to keep silent and a time to speak;
a time to love and a time to hate;
a time for war and a time for peace.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8


Today I am celebrating the seasons. I hope your Wednesday is wonderful one!

On Ya’-ma

8 comments:

peggy said...

I like your reflection of this season. It's an important time, I agree.

Angie said...

And Lent preceeds Easter, of course. That's my favourite time f the year. Our spiritual spring-clean makes us ready for the new things which are to follow.

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Yes, it is an important time. I am marveling at your snowfall MA! Just think...underneath all of that snow, tiny little buds of spring are beginning to search for the sunshine. What a wonder these seasons are.
Blessings for a wonderful Lenten season.
Sharon

Kath said...

I'll most certainly be celebrating the spring season,reflecting on lots of things.This posting brought back some fond memories for me Ma today..I hope you have a Wonderful Wednesday too.Stay warm safe journeys.

I have sent you an e. mail with the memories in it,click on the link in the e.mail...Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Ally Lifewithally said...

To everything there is a season, is one of my favourite versus ~Spring is on it's way ~
we are expecting some more snow here this week ~ Ally x

Linda :) said...

Happy Ash Wednesday! :)
for Lent I am reading The Love Dare: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Love-Dare/Stephen-Kendrick/e/9780805448658/?itm=3&USRI=the+love+dare

grammy said...

Nice reflection on Ash Wednesday.
I have always loved that verse.
It reminds us that...things change
we have to embrace whatever season we are in.

That corgi :) said...

I like how you said Lent is a time to season our lives with a deeper realization of what we actually believe. That is so true and then, in my thinking, we need to continue to take that beyond Lent and continue to grow on it throughout the year. I think we need to live it 365 days a year instead of only 40 days, know what I mean?

betty