It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Chapter 2, Page 16, Book 10


IT’S TERRIFIC TUESDAY!

With all the snow and really cold weather in our neck of the woods it is a little difficult to find something really terrific about today but I did find a few things to share with you all.

When I woke up today…

The house was warm and the power is on

The coffee pot is still working

Those little things don’t sound really great, but if the power was out it wouldn’t be nice at all, if my house was cold it would be terrible in this freezing weather and if I didn’t have my coffee I would not be a very happy person at all.

So today I’m celebrating all those little things in life that make it absolutely terrific!

Have a really TERRIFIC Tuesday everyone!

‘On Ya’-ma

Pictures today are views from Party Hill taken Memorial Day Weekend 2009

And just in case you didn’t know Party Hill is where my Campsite is located

8 comments:

Hollie said...

I'm celebrating the little things also.

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Yes MA..it's all about the little things, isn't it? Today I am celebrating the sunshine!! I may even bundle up, grab a lawn chair and sit outside to "catch some rays." I love the sunshine! I also love coffee, electricity, and all of the modern conveniences :-)
Have a good day MA! Not too much longer and you'll be out camping again! Blessings~Sharon

Kath said...

Little things mean a lot Ma and I too am thankful for the little things in life,the services and the good cup of coffee like yourself..What a great name for your camping ground area,Party Hill.Well it won't be long now before your partying there Yipee.Hang in there you are beating all that cold weather and snow one day at a time.
Spring is round the corner hip hip hip hooray,
Spring is round the corner Ma is coming out to play Heeeeeeee.
Have a Terrific Tuesday,I hope you get a few smiles along the way....Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Cindi said...

enjoy your day!

grammy said...

Can you imagine what it was like to be an Indian woman and get up before dawn to a cold Teepee and a trip to the woods. (o:

That corgi :) said...

celebrating the small things is a great way to begin Terrific Tuesday for sure Ma. Definitely much to appreciate that the house is warm and the coffee ready before you go to begin your day

hoping it is a good one too

betty

The Lucy and Dick Show said...

Yes, when you're threatened with misery, the simple fact that it didn't come is something to celebrate. Any day without coffee is truly misery!

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

I just heard on the news this is the coldest winter we have had in 75 years.
And the number of homeless is growing. A warm house and a good cup of coffee is something wonderful to be thankful for.
Hope you have a good week.