It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, February 15, 2010

Chapter 2, Page 15, Book 10

>

CELEBRATING MERRY MONDAY

As we all anticipate Spring we are reminded the time is coming for an increase of activity in our lives too. There will be many more hours of sunlight and daylight which makes the day seem longer.

Now is the time to make our lists, and plans for the season that is ahead of us. We all like to dream about what we’ll be planting and the wonderful blossoms that will be coming our way. We’ll be planting seeds and caring for them so that we can enjoy them later on.

Just like seeds that are planted in our gardens the dreams we have need to be nurtured too. Nothing can get us down faster than for someone to pull the rug out from under our feet and put a stop to the dreams we may have.

Life does not always work out the way we plan it. Sometimes it is our health that brings a halt to our plans. Sometimes it is financial difficulties and sometimes it is just the fact that we are tired out.

I often think the key to holding on to those dreams is changing what we do each day. Instead of letting our day to day chores and responsibilities bog us down, we need to set aside time to plan and dream and to plant seeds of possibilities.

Spring is coming and I’m full of dreams as I hope you are too!

‘On Ya’-ma

Pictures today are of my little place in the woods ( my campsite) April 2008

9 comments:

Kath said...

I have made lots of notes already Ma,what I want to achieve before spring and after.I started today early doing something differant from my normal routine and it has worked wonders.I feel so much differant.They say a change is as good as a rest,so I am trying to be throng with many things right now (forgetting about the weather outside).My omments on blogger are finished now,so I am going to have a good cup of coffee and a taste of my baking I did this morning,beside other things LOL!!Have a lovely Monday.I hope you get a few smiles.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Hollie said...

Beautiful entry filled with so much hope. Thanks for sharing. Dreaming of Spring here.

Pat said...

Thank you again for your cheerful,
uplifting posts. Although I do
not always have time to comment, I
am still reading your blog.
I got a wonderful valentine. My
grand-daughter got released from the hospital. She has RSV. Like
bronchitis in adults. May take a
month to get over it. I would
appreciate prayer for her. So tiny
(11 lbs) to be sick. Canceled a
party plan to be home for her. Puts
everything into perspective.
Hope you had a great day. I think
of you as a "Happy Heart"!

peggy said...

I know it won't be long now, the birds are beginning to sound different. I've been doing some cleaning-out, which has been on my list for a long time. So glad you motivate us.

That corgi :) said...

I was wondering what you would put up as a new header, Ma; the snow on the trees and ground is really pretty

I do think it is important to dream and make plans and not let life bog us down too much

I'm sure you are looking forward to spring for lots of wonderful reasons this year

betty

Buttercup said...

Lots that I am thinking about. Feel that the rug is pulled out more as I get older, but I am happy to keep dreaming and planning!

scrappy quilter said...

Pondering these words today...the rug has been pulled out from under me in regards to a dream yet I know it was God doing it. That's what really shocks me. Hugs and hope you have a wonderful day.

Barb said...

I love spring, Ma, always look forward to doing new and different things. Love reading you, as always. I have to get on the ball and update my journal, will post for sure today or tomorrow.

grammy said...

you must be dreaming about your campsite (o:
I am looking forward to camping (o:
Hope you had a great day yesterday. I am glad this weekend is over, but now I have an anniversary to celebrate (mine,,,36th) and daughters wedding reception this saturday.