It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, February 12, 2010

Chapter 2, Page 12, Book 10


CELEBRATING THE WORK WEEK’S END

FRIDAY!

I remember the days before children when we always went out for a Friday Fish Fry after work on Fridays. We’d go to a restaurant that served the best Lake Erie Perch I’ve ever had. Sadly they are no longer in business and rarely do I have fish on Fridays anymore.

After the children came along we rarely went anywhere out to eat and mostly stayed in on Friday evenings. Now that it’s just me I still do the same.

After a long work week, I’m happy just to come home and relax. I have to be rested up for tomorrow anyway. DD and I will go on our annual President’s Day Shopping trip tomorrow.

Every year we go to the Outlet Mall on President’s Day weekend and find some terrific bargains and I get to spend the day with my daughter which is extra special too.

So today I’m happy that there is no more work till Monday morning! Hope your Friday is fantastic!

‘On Ya’-ma

Today’s pictures are of DD’s dog by the fire at the campsite and our campfire May 2009

6 comments:

Kath said...

I hope you have a Super Saturday Shopping trip with DD Ma.Nothing like bagging a few bargains now and again and like you say with someone special to browse around the stores with,it makes it even better.Loved the pictures,I had to laugh at Doggy curled up on the chair.He-He. "Happy Presidents Day" to all.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Enjoy your shopping spree tomorrow!!

Stay safe and warm....LindaMay

That corgi :) said...

that was a cute picture of the dog :)

how fun to go shopping with your daughter, Ma. Nice that you guys have traditions like that too that you carry from year to year ilke this

enjoy!

betty

grammy said...

have fun shopping
it is great to spend time with daughters (o:
Hope the snow stays away for awhile for you

Sybil said...

Have a really special day with your daughter...praying that you will find lot sof bargains an dthat the weather is kind for you both.
Much Love Sybil x

Rose said...

Love your bargain candy dish!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hugs, Rose