It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Chapter 2, Page 11, Book 10

CELEBRATING THANKFULLY IT IS THURSDAY!

I’m glad to say I made it through Wednesday. I endured the snow and cold. I persevered and got home safely too. With the good Lords help, I’ll hopefully make it as I slide right on into the weekend too.

I sometimes forget the fact that it is not my doing that I’m here every day. I really don’t have much choice in the matter. Sure there are things I do to make each day a little better, but as I’ve discovered, the choice really isn’t mine to make.

So today I’m thankful for the gifts that I’ve been given and the Almighty Lord that provides them.

A lot of people are like me and sometimes forget that the reasons they have things are not entirely of their own doing. I read about a man that built an eight-bedroom home where he lives by himself. His secluded house includes a movie theater, a gymnasium, a swimming pool, and a five-car garage as his private sanctuary away from the world. We can’t all have a mansion but everyone who knows the Lord can find refuge and peace.

I always figure that God has in his mind what he want us to do and until we do it our work isn’t finished.

So I find myself very thankful today to be able to do what I can, the best that I can, and I hope your Thursday can be a THANKFUL one too.

‘On Ya’-ma

Sand Castle courtesy of Our Princess and her sandbox last summer

6 comments:

Donna said...

Thank YOU for the reminder.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Thanks for the reminder.....i do sometimes forget!!

Stay warm and enjoy.....LindaMay

Kath said...

I thank the Lord every day for my new day Ma.Thankyou for your inspirational post.Happy to read you got home safely in the snow.I hope today is a good one for you and no more snow falls,or you may have to part exchange your car and camper for a snow plough ((chuckle chuckle) He-he.Hope you get a few more smiles along the way.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

scrappy quilter said...

I sometimes forget too. Thanks for the gentle reminder. Hope you have a wonderful day. Not to cold here, suppose to get more snow. Hugs

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Hi MA!! What a great reminder of what it's all about!! Thanks for the refresher course, as always I love your writings~Sharon

That corgi :) said...

can you imagine cleaning that 8 bedroom house?? always a good reminder that we can find peace and refuge in our Lord :)

cute sand castle! I always enjoyed playing in sand when the kids were little

betty