It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, February 01, 2010

Chapter 2, Page 1, Book 10




Now that February has arrived and I’m over the winter blahs for sure, I’ve made up my mind that 365 DAYS A YEAR, I’M GOING TO celebrate the EVERY DAY things in life . Life has made me painfully aware a little bit at a time that we've much less of it than we tend to think we do.

Each day I ‘LL rejoice in the blessings of God and the life God has given me.

I am going to try to do this by including activities and actions geared toward making the day special in some way. Sometimes it's simple things like putting new pictures in picture frames, going out for breakfast, or changing my schedule to include some playtime instead of just work.

Take a moment and write down 25 - 50 (or more!) things that delight you. How can you bring more of these things into your everyday life?

Beautiful things and beautiful moments are all around us just waiting for us to join the celebration. For me, it is the simple things that hold the most beauty

We can celebrate the gift of life by living the next 24 hours without trying to tackle all of life’s problems at once. Realize that none of us is indispensable and that simply doing the best we can for this day is the best we can do

We were blessed with eyes to see the colors of the rainbow, the rich red of a rose, or the shimmering glow of sunlight filtering autumn leaves.

God gave us the gift of smell with which to delight in the fragrance of wildflowers, the exhilarating smell of delicious fruits

God gave us the gift of hearing so that we can admire the chorus of frogs, the chirping of baby birds, and the soothing sound of a mother singing to her baby

Even a smile or a hug is a celebration of life

No more winter doldrums for me…I’m now a party girl once more and celebrating life.

I keep updating you as I continue to find those blessings along the way.

Have a Merry Monday!

‘On Ya’-ma

9 comments:

Hollie said...

Wonderful entry. We know Spring is getting much closer too. It sure has been rainy & dreary here lately. I'm so ready for some sun:)

Jenny said...

Hello again, I'm just coming out of the christmas blues and we have had some delightful birds in the garden, ones that you don't see very much as they are a visitor to our country. I don't count my blessings nearly enough, thanks for reminding me to look for the good things in life.

Jenny <><

scrappy quilter said...

Oh how I loved this post. I'm going to delight in everyday things right along with you. Hugs

Sybil said...

It was our guild day today so lots and lots of hugs around...Everyone seemed to be a bit brighter so I am sure spring must be on it's way.
(if we keep saying it we may well believe it LOL )
Love sybil xx

Ally Lifewithally said...

Thankyou for a lovely read ~ I must remember to count all the Blesings I have ~ Ally x

grammy said...

good for you (o:
I am so spoiled....I can run over and see Grandkids
or talk to them on the phone whenever
I do like the idea of looking for things that delight us
can be cheap everyday things
or spend a few bucks
Tomorrow I have a friend coming over for coffee (o:
tonight I will cook a nice supper for hubby (o:

That corgi :) said...

yea! so good to hear the winter blahs are gone Ma! and you sound so positive and upbeat in this entry; good idea to write down those 25-50 things that delight you; I'm going to take a crack at that later today

hoping you have a splendid month of February!

betty

Kath said...

I will second Scrappy Quilter Ma and join you in the daily doings,we are Blessed.Have a lovely Monday.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

I love your flowers, and those cookies look very tasty on your header.
Yes, you should make the most of each day and enjoy it.
Life is too short. I too am more aware of it than ever.
Hope you have a great week.
Take care.....