It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, January 08, 2010

Chapter 1, Page 8, Book 10

>

Another success !

I got not one but 3 scarves on my search yesterday.

I have a blue jacket that this lovely scarf and green gloves will go with.

This morning we are waking to a winter wonderland for sure. More snow began coming down yesterday afternoon and it snowed through the night. I have to try and get to work for my half day today and then on to my appointment with the Social Security office to see what my benefits will be starting in March when I turn 66.

Yes, I’m on old route 66 this year. From what I’ve heard it has lots to offer, we’ll see…

One of the things I try to do every day is to make time to pray. Sometimes we are too busy to take time so I make time. When the weather around here turns nasty you can be assured I’m praying more than ever.

We often see the glory of God during a time of crisis or emergency. But other times we find the Lord when life is going smoothly and everything is as calm and quiet. Both experiences, of course, are valid, but wisdom tells us not to wait for a time of emergency to find the Lord. It’s best to seek him out every day

I often pray for other people too. My family and friends, the poor, the sick, the hungry. There is so many who need our prayers. I think when we take the time to pray for others, we are letting them know just how much we care.

I always pray: Thy will be done Lord. We all know that prayers are not always answered the way we want them to be. I feel that God in His infinite wisdom always has a plan for everything and His plan is often much better than our own.

Ma’s Tip for Today

Today, God will give me what I need, . . . and tomorrow God will do it again.

When I trust God for one-day-at-a-time strength, what at first seems impossible becomes more than possible. It becomes accomplished!

‘On Ya’-ma

15 comments:

Sugar said...

love the scarves!
yes, must always take time. i pray when i first awake before getting out of bed, then when i crawl in bed at night. these 2 times are a must for me. then often i will pray during the day too. (of course saying grace before ea meal is a gimme).
have a nice day, my friend.

Hollie said...

What a beautiful entry! I agree totally. I love the scarf! It's beautiful. You be careful out there today

Ora said...

Hi Ma...and the picture as my header is deceiving..that was taken early in the day...it got better LOL...or worse...just how you look at it...today it is 8 dgrees..and sunny....and the scarves are so nice...and pretty...I have one I wear...it is UK blue...warm..and everyone tries to take it away from me LOLOL..hope you have a good session with SS...God Bless..hugs .. Ora PS..your entry was so very soothing today..thanks

peggy said...

Thank you for your prayers for everyone and thank you for encouraging us to pray more often.You are a good friend.

Rose said...

Love the scarfs and gloves.

Be well and stay warm.

I always believe in the power of prayer.

Hugs, Rose

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Love the colors!!

Stay safe, warm and healthy out there today!!....I'm picking up Mom in a few minutes for our hair appointment....CAN"T MISS another .... we look like something out of the back woods!!....LOL!!

LindaMay

That corgi :) said...

love the scarves Ma and the wise words about prayer. I just read a commentary about prayer this morning and several things struck me about it; of all the things that the disciples could have asked Jesus to teach them, the only thing recorded was them asking Jesus to 'teach them how to pray' and also the Lord's prayer, in 65 words, is a powerful prayer when prayed with meaning and not just repetition; thinking about the words "thy will be done" just like how you pray "your kingdom come" because that's what the world needs, more of Jesus and less of our selfish selfs, etc. Dynamic prayer for sure. I agree with you about the importance to pray daily, in good times and bad times, etc.

stay safe on those roads and I hope you get good news when you have your meeting today so you will be able to retire this year

betty

scrappy quilter said...

Love the scarves too. Another wonderful entry. Hugs

Elizabeth said...

I love this post! I could not agree more and you said it so beautifully!

Kath said...

The scalf is beautiful Ma it will match the gloves great.How fortunate you were to be able to buy one the same colour so soon.I couldn't go on each day if I hadn't prayed,nor could I sleep if I didn't pray at bedtime,and I usually say the short grace befoe a meal to myself.Must thank God for everything thats me.No matter what he throws at me.I too pray for everyone.Once again a lovely posting.Have a lovely Friday evening.Stay warm.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

grammy said...

yes! a scarf to match the gloves (o:
I need to pray more. Not wait till I am in bed at night.
I live right by Highway 66 (o:

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

What pretty colors the top scarf has. I love a good buy as well.
thank you for your prayers and your post.
I am happy for you that you get to retire soon. It is time for you to relax and just enjoy life.

Dad said...

THANK YOU MAW. DAD.

Angie said...

I do hope you will be able to retire this year. My Keith just retired in October and he was hoping for a little bit of snow (HA - be careful what you ask for!) so he could wallow in not having to turn out!

love, Angie, xx

Linda :) said...

Very pretty scarves to go with your new gloves... :)