It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Chapter 1, Page 7, Book 10




Success! I got the gloves. I replenished the ones I lost and even got an extra pair.

I’m all set now.

The good news is that they were all 60% off and I got 3 pairs for the price of what one of them would have cost.

This pair will be my everyday gloves. They are nice and warm and will be good for driving too.

Yesterday Kath made the comment that she liked to have her gloves and scarves match. I don’t have a green scarf so that’s what I will look for today.

A good size snow storm is supposed to be coming our way. I’m hoping it won’t be bad. The icy conditions we had yesterday made for miserable travel in the morning but the roads were clear when I was coming home.

Here I am on New Years Day with my crown on. We all had them on. It’s one of our traditions for New Years.

I’ve decided I need to stop worrying about appearance and just celebrate my own special beauty. Scripture teaches us to number our days and to apply our hearts unto wisdom. At my age we tend to see things like our hair turning gray and wrinkles showing up in our faces as they become seasoned and worn with time.

Our outward appearance should be secondary to a far more endearing beauty and strength that is found in our hearts. Things like the capacity to love, to experience and enjoy life, to share and create happy memories are what matters.

One of the best ways I know to stop worrying about how you look is to smile. You will be surprised at how beautiful you will look to everyone. People will want to get to know you because you will be unique. People will seek to find out why you are so happy. You will be special.

When you start the day with a smile, you are laying a foundation for a great day. The act of smiling enhances your mood. Try it and see for yourself. When you are smiling, it is hard to be sad. It is infectious so you will find the people around you will SMILE too.

There is nothing more beautiful than a happy, smiling person

Ma’s tip for today

Life can become fresh every morning!

‘On Ya’-ma

9 comments:

Hollie said...

I'm smiling :) I love those gloves! You did good on those. be careful out there.

Sugar said...

nice gloves, & what a bargain! :)
i agree, i earned ea gray hr & wrinkle!!! so be proud of them!
hope the wether doesn't get to bad for you & yours. stay arm & be safe. {}
huggies...

Kath said...

OH I love your gloves Ma,(thankyou for the mention).I don't have any green ones in my collection.All colours but not green LOL!!They are very pretty.I also love your picture,you don't look your age you look lovely.I had a hat the same Christmas day but as usual everyone forgot about the camera.Grrr.We tend to chatter away and laugh and be merry doingthis and that then remember the camera when it is too late.I hope you find a green scarf to match your gloves.Have a lovely day irrespective of the weather.It's hard for me not to smile. I seem to find lots to smile about even in miserable times if that makes sence.No spills today for Motherhen so far He-He.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

scrappy quilter said...

I love those gloves too. The are perfect. Wonderful post again. You always bring a smile to my face. Hugs

Sybil said...

Hi Ma, I do hope that your snow has not come to badly and that you are able to get to work tomorrow. we have had it bad here in Box and most everywhere else in the UK but never does it seem to much as you get...It's just I suppose we are not used to it nowadays. It is many years now since we had heavy snow like we had when I was a child. So we have got out of the way of coping with it.
Keep smiling....I will do teh same x
Love Sybil xx

grammy said...

love the crown
i too have started using pictures of myself on my blog
I hate that I have so few pictures of me with my on kids
always thought I was to fat...to something... now hardly any pictures
I have lost 40 pounds and now
I see myself as 'old'
well I guess that is better than the alternative (o:

Kathy said...

What a great message that is. I get upset when I see pictures of myself and see that I am aging. I need to be thankful that I am healthy and able to do most everything I have always been able to do and know that I have earned each wrinkle and smile like you said. Have a safe trip today.

Gayla said...

Smiling is much better :) Even though I take care of my skin and don't really like the wrinkles or grey hair, I accept it all with humor. What else can you do? I'm proud of my age and aging :)
You look so cute on New Year's!
Love the gloves. Stay warm and safe.
Hugs, Gayla

Linda :) said...

Very nice new gloves, pretty green, and great deal!
Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you've been up to... :)