It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Chapter 1, Page 5, Book 10

On the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...


Twelve Drummers Drumming

The twelve points of doctrine in the Apostles' Creed: 1) I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth. 2) I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord. 3) He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. 4) He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell [the grave]. 5) On the third day he rose again. He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father. 6) He will come again to judge the living and the dead. 7) I believe in the Holy Spirit, 8) the holy catholic Church, 9) the communion of saints, 10) the forgiveness of sins, 11) the resurrection of the body, 12) and life everlasting.

Twelve drummers drumming each on their own drum.
That's the end of the song - Wasn't it fun?
Here is your drum with goodies as full as can be.
It's for wishing Merry Christmas to you from me!

Today is known as the Twelfth Night and is considered the end of the Christmas season. ­The Twelfth Night was a time for feasting in England in centuries past. Some cultures, like the French and Spanish, celebrate the Feast of the Epiphany with a king's cake, a coffee cake with purple, green and yellow icing to commemorate the visit by the magi to the Christ child.

I do hope you’ve enjoyed all my tips and info that began way back in November with the 1st Sunday of Advent and ends now with the TWELFTH Day of Christmas. I tried to make the days more meaningful for you and for myself too.

Time has a way of slipping by before we know it and I feel it is so important to make the most of each day as we have it and to live every day as the best day of our lives and to be thankful for all the blessings in them.

Tomorrow and the for the next year I’ll be celebrating in a different way each new day. The ordinary days in life are some of the very best there is. The year ahead will bring more holidays and holy days too, but in the ordinary days there are many blessings too.

‘On Ya’-ma

10 comments:

Sugar said...

ty again for your informative & inspiring posts, i've enjoyed them so much. as i do, all your lovely posts.
you're right, blessings are every day, all we must do is look around to find them.
huggies...

Hollie said...

I agree with Sugar! I have enjoyed reading all the entries. Thank you for taking the time to share them with us. You be careful out in the snow. It's 15 this morning with a windchill in the single digits. Brrrrrr

Kath said...

I never ever fail to enjoy whatever you write about Ma.You have taught me much since I met you online.Thankyou from the bottom of my heart for all the time you have taken out to put into your blog akk th einteresting and inspiring things besides working also.Safe journeys to you today Brrr it's bitter cold here.Looking forward to your next postings.WE are blessed.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

scrappy quilter said...

Yes I did appreciate it very much and all the effort you put into it. Thanks for sharing this with us especially the twelve days of Christmas. Hugs

Sybil said...

Thank you Ma, I keep saying that but truly mean it. You are such an insperation to us all....
Hope all is well at work and that the roads are passable safe for you. We have had heavy snow today it did not lie very thick but forecast is for very heavy snow for hours tonight which wil fall on teh icy roads so don't think Mary or I will be going anywhere in a hurry !!
Much Love Take Care Sybil xx

Ora said...

I have enjoyed these 12 days of Christmas...thanks for all your work...and that header is awesome LOL!!!! God Bless you "MA" from Ora in KY

grammy said...

Hi, I was just hopping around some blogs tonight and ended up here. Spent more time than I intended to. Enjoyed it (o:
I loved reading back through your Christmas posts and the 12 days of Christmas. I do an Advent box for my Grands every year and this reminds me of it. You sure put a lot of work into it. I have already began my ideas for next year.
You are a very talented painter... love the roaster towels... I even have the same one as you (pictured on the far right). The newest grandson is so cute. As I went through I thought of a lot of things I would mention... but my tiny mind seems to be done for now (o:
Blessings to you.

Sonya said...

Hey, just letting you know I'm reading this blog too. Nite Nite...I'm certainly heading to bed soon. My eyes are bothering me tonight (burning and a painful) not sure what that is about except I'm on the PC all the time!!! lol
Nite

Buttercup said...

I've really enjoyed the 12 days of Christmas with you. I think the celebration of the ordinary is the way we can most enjoy all of our life.

Linda :) said...

Thank you for the twelve days of Christmas... I did enjoy them! :)