It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Chapter 1, Page 3. Book 10


On the 10th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...


Ten Lords A-leaping


The ten commandments: 1) You shall have no other gods before me; 2) Do not make an idol; 3) Do not take God's name in vain; 4) Remember the Sabbath Day; 5) Honor your father and mother; 6) Do not murder; 7) Do not commit adultery; 8) Do not steal; 9) Do not bear false witness; 10) Do not covet.

Exodus 20:1-17

Ten lords a-leaping.
Who could reach the stars first?

To send back to us
These delicious star burst

I thought this so appropriate today as the Wise men were following a star and we are celebrating Epiphany today which is when the wise men finally arrived at their destination to great the New Born King.

Christmas is primarily a Christian tradition and from that viewpoint, exchanging of Christmas gifts dates back to the birth of Jesus. The Bible tells us that the Magi, also known as the wise men or the kings of the East, were among the first to visit and worship Christ at his birthplace in the manger in Bethlehem

To honor the newborn King of the Jews the Magi brought treasures and gifts of gold, incense and myrrh. Thus, the giving of Christmas gifts became a Christmas tradition among Christians. So from Christmas day until the Epiphany which is t, January 3rd this year we still celebrate the Christmas season.


The Traditional date for Epiphany is January 6th so my 12 days of Christmas, here in my journal, will continue on till then.

I’ll be off to church as always this morning and you all will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope your day is filled with plenty of that good R & R that we all need in order to be refreshed and renewed for another work week.

‘On Ya’ –ma

4 comments:

LYN said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Jeannette said...

Happy New Year and have a good week my dear friend.

peggy said...

Passing along a little clip I love about the magi....Tis not the weight of jewel or plate, or the fondle of silk and fur; tis the spirit in which the gift is rich, As the gifts of the wise ones were; And we are not told whose gift was gold, or whose was the gift of myrrh. (Edmund Vance Cooke) I love your nativity set and your posts.

scrappy quilter said...

I am so enjoying these posts. I'll be a little sad when they are done. Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday.