It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Chapter 1, Page 28, Book 10

Yesterday I was asked which online devotional do I read…well if the truth be known I usually read 6 to 8 a day. Each one is so different and each has a message. I got in the habit of doing this years ago when I really needed some extra spiritual inspiration and as it is one of my better habits, I try to keep it up.


One of my favorite devotionals is http://www.d365.org they do a great job and during Lent and Advent have special devotions too. Another that I really like is http://www.todayismygifttoyou.ie/ This one is written by an Irish priest that always has some great photography to share each day. A few others are

http://www.upperroom.org/devotional/, http://www.maxlucado.com/, and http://www.rbc.org.

These are just a few. There are many more out there and I enjoy them all. I hope some of them appeal to you.

Why do I read devotionals and not just read the Bible? Many times we read God's Word and do not pay attention to what it says. Although different people often have different interpretations it does make me think more about what I am reading.

Today is THANKFUL THURSDAY!

And I’m thankful for the online devotions we have.

‘On Ya’-ma

13 comments:

Hollie said...

Thanks for sharing your devotionals with us. I added a couple to my favorites menu! Have a great day!

Hollie said...

Thanks for sharing your devotionals with us. I added a couple to my favorites menu! Have a great day!

Kath said...

Thankyou Ma for sharing your devotionals with us today.I read them all before commenting,and particulaly liked the one about the Lady travelling and the Father teaching his Son to ride the bike.So true.Keep up your good work I love your blog.I hope you have a lovely enjoyable day at work today and the time passes quickly for you.I hope you find a bargain if you go to the store today.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Sugar said...

i understand what you're saying about many people having different 'interpretations' of what the bible says.
the bible has been translated & reprinted many, many times over the yrs, & ea is only as good as the one doing it.
having been a student of religious studies, attending seminary, & being a minister... i found out long ago that you should not take every word in the bible exactly as it is written there. as it may well differ than the orig writings.
i have had several other ministers & laypeople argue with me on this, & all are entitled to their opinion.
i have trouble expressing my views correctly in written form, hope you know what i mean.
nice post.

scrappy quilter said...

Great list on devotionals. Hugs

Sandra said...

Enjoyed your post for Thankful Thursday.

Ally Lifewithally said...

Ma glad to be able to catch up with you again ~ I always enjoy your entries ~ Ally x

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Thanks for sharing....Never thought of searching the internet for devotionals!!

Stay warm and enjoy....LindaMay

That corgi :) said...

I'll check out those devotionals Ma; I like the writing of Max Lucado so I'm sure his devotionals are equally as good as his books

I like devotionals, but I tend to enjoy reading the Bible daily too :)

betty

grammy said...

thanks..I enjoyed that and found it helpful (o:
I have Max in my inbox everyday. I always enjoy him.

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

Thanks for sharing..hope you don't get too much snow. It is headed our way next.

Joann said...

I'm not usually a devotional reader... however, one wonderful lady at work gave me a book of devotionals for my birthday last month. I've been reading it daily, and it's REALLY helped my 'inside' attitude. Not that work is bad, I love my job and co-workers, but sometimes you just need that lift before starting your day... it just sets the mood for the whole day.

Sybil said...

Hi Ma, Thanks for these devotional sites I am going away to look at them after I have done the blog reading....I have a three monthly book that comes out called New Daylight that I use every day. I do agree with you about the difference about reaidng the bible etc. in the new daylight there is a bible passage then the writer explians his/his interpretation..and it often makes one look at the passage in a new light...Have you looked at Mountain wings I get that each day as well...
Much Love Sybil xx