It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Chapter 1, Page 26, Book 10

>

If someone were to ask me when was the best day of my life, I would have to say today!

Today is what I have, so I must make the most of it.

Life’s journey isn’t always easy and so I’ve made a list to help me to enjoy it along the way

It’s essential that you relax and take care of yourself. It can be as simple as a bubble bath or lighting candles. How about a long walk or a phone call to a good friend? Perhaps a nap, a massage or a shopping spree is in your future.

Have an attitude of gratitude- even when things are not going the way that you planned


Focus on making others happy. If you treat everyone the way that you would want to be treated, your joy will be increased

Don’t take yourself too seriously. Humor is one of the most common traits that people who live to be over 100 years old have. Don’t forget to laugh.

Never stop learning. I think that reading is one of the best forms of continuing your education


Take time to enjoy a rainbow, the beauty of a child, or a sunset. Your positive attitude will be contagious!


It’s terrific Tuesday! Remember good things are coming your way . Try seeing the good today , it is there if we take the time to look for it!

‘On Ya’-ma

5 comments:

Ora said...

We have snow today...not alot...but enough to close schools all around us...but not our county...I have one happy gdau..and one unhappy gson LOL..they go to different county schools LOLOL..and I may have to adjust my plans for today...but then I have a new book to read..two of them in fact...and yes..looking for the good of the day is much easier than being negative...thanks for the reminder!!! hugs and happy day..Ora

Kath said...

I have done quite a few of the above things today Ma.The bitter weather is back again,so I have been busy around the home doing lots of things,baked some fairy cakes for my Grandaughter to take home tonight when she visits,done my ironing,then I wrote a letter for a blogger friend and walked out to post it by snail mail to cheer her up.I have also completed my comments in blogs who have posted today,so I am about to curl up on the settee and toast my toes,with a nice cup of coffee and a good book,it's ME time of the day now Heeeee.I hope your day is a good one too.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

peggy said...

I'm going out today, to the craft mall, and around so I'll take your words with me and see what happens. I like your pink!

That corgi :) said...

it is good to take care of ourselves and do something "nice" for us every so often. as moms, we sometimes forget to do that, don't we?

always great advice you give Ma :)

betty

Trish said...

I am going to become a follower of yours so I can come back each day and read your encouraging words today's is one I especially need to keep before me daily. I also read an online devotional, Institute for Glad to have found your blog