It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Chapter 1. Page 24, Book 10

SUNDAY SHARING

I received this from one of my dear online friends and thought it so beautiful that I had to share it too

Dancing With God


When I meditated on the word Guidance,
I kept seeing dance at the end of the word.
I remember reading that doing God's will is a lot like dancing.
When two people try to lead, nothing feels right.
The movement doesn't flow with the music,
and everything is quite un
comfortable and jerky.
When one person realizes that, and lets the other lead,
both bodies begin to flow with the music.
One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back
or by pressing Lightly in one direction or another.
It's as if two become on
e body, moving beautifully.
The dance takes surrender, wil
lingness,
and attentiveness from one person
and gentle guidance and skill from the other.

My eyes drew back to the word Guidance.
When I saw G: I thought of God, followed by u and i.
God, u and I dance.
God, you, and I dance.

As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust
that I would get
guidance about my life.
Once again, I became willing to let God lead.

My prayer for you today is that God’s blessings
and mercies are upon you on this day and everyday.
May you abide in God, as God abides in you.
Dance together with God, trustin
g God to lead
and to guide you through each season of your life.

This prayer is powerful and there is nothing attached. If God has done anything for you in your life, please share this message with someone else. There is no cost but a lot of rewards; so let’s continue to pray for one another.

And I Hope You Dance

As always you all are in my thoughts and prayers!

‘On Ya’-ma

9 comments:

Hollie said...

WOW! How amazing & powerful that one word is G U I DANCE! I have never thought about it like that! Thank you for sharing!

I HOPE YOU DANCE ALSO!

Wishing for my turn.. said...

love it...thx for sharing!
DANCE!!!!
XOXOXO

Angie said...

I could read this a thousand times. I hope you don't mind that I have copied it to someone close because I think these words will help them.

love, Angie, xx

Kath said...

Loved "Dancing With God" and I love the graphic too.Thankyou for sharing this,it is beautiful.It reminds me of my favourtite
Irish Dance Song.

I danced in the morning when the world was young
I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun
I came down from heaven and I danced on the earth
At Bethlehem I had my birth

Dance, dance, wherever you may be
I am the lord of the dance, said he
And I lead you all, wherever you may be
And I lead you all in the dance, said he

I danced for the scribes and the Pharisees
They wouldn't dance, they wouldn't follow me
I danced for the fishermen James and John
They came with me so the dance went on

Dance, dance, wherever you may be
I am the lord of the dance, said he
And I lead you all, wherever you may be
And I lead you all in the dance, said he

I danced on the Sabbath and I cured the lame
The holy people said it was a shame
They ripped, they stripped, they hung me high
Left me there on the cross to die

Dance, dance, wherever you may be
I am the lord of the dance, said he
And I lead you all, wherever you may be
And I lead you all in the dance, said he

I danced on a Friday when the world turned black
It's hard to dance with the devil on your back
They buried my body, they thought I was gone
But I am the dance, and the dance goes on

Dance, dance, wherever you may be
I am the lord of the dance, said he
And I lead you all, wherever you may be
And I lead you all in the dance, said he

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that will never, never die
I'll live in you if you'll live in me
I am the Lord of the dance, said he

Dance, dance, wherever you may be
I am the lord of the dance, said he
And I lead you all, wherever you may be
And I lead you all in the dance, said he

Have a Blessed Sunday I am Dancing on.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Rose said...

I love it.

Dancing with God

scrappy quilter said...

There is nothing more precious than dancing with God. Thanks for the gentle reminder. Hugs

Buttercup said...

Thanks so much. I have to remember that G'd leads and then things fall into place.

That corgi :) said...

I've seen this before but it is always good to be reminded to allow God to lead me through this dance of life; I hope you have an enjoyable Sunday, Ma :)

betty

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

This is Beautiful Ma!! Thanks so much, Sharon