It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, January 22, 2010

Chapter 1, Page 22, Book 10

>

TGIF

I often to thank the dear Lord that it is Friday and that’s because I was able to make it through another work week. These 40 hour weeks are getting tougher and tougher for me to get through. I am thankful that I’ve not been ill and that I was able to do what needed to be done. But I can foresee the day coming that I will not be able to do a good job or even want too. It is definitely time for me to retire. I’m so hoping that nothing prevents me from doing so. I’m hoping that after the 1st week of April the job will be a thing of the past.

It’s not that I haven’t been thankful for it. The work I do enables me to live a life of comfort and it’s not really a hard job at all. It does involve a lot of things as I’m a one girl office and everything office wise is done by me. I’m it. Data entry and answering phones, making out invoices and paying the bills, if it has to be done I do it.

So I’m happy it is Friday and am thinking it will be a great day…Fridays always are for me anyway.

MA’S TIP FOR TODAY

Make a list of the things that you are most thankful for and make it a full and complete list. This list holds your most cherished times, possessions and people in your life.

When you’re having one of those bad days and you need to feel better, more positive and more resourceful, refer back your Gratitude List.

After all, what you are most grateful for matters most.

‘On Ya’ - ma

9 comments:

Joan said...

It does get like that when the time comes to retire am counting the days with you. I know I really enjoy my retirement so much hope you will be the same. Have a nice weekend. Love Joan

Kath said...

I can feel in your words how much you are longing to retire.I cannot believe how I used to do what I did before I became a pensioner and stopped working.The last four yrs I do not have the energy some days to do anything.It's amazing where we find the energy from, when we work for someone else.I am sure your boss is realy going to miss such a wonderful hard worker as you have been.Counting down with you.Enjoy your R&R this week/end you deserve it.I am going to make my list out tonight.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

That corgi :) said...

that's a good time for you to retire Ma, right before the weather starts to get nice and it will give another person an opportunity to have a job that sounds challenging but interesting

good point too to make a gratitude list and keep it close by

enjoy the weekend

betty

Woody said...

Everyone loves "TGIF"!

Kathy said...

Great ideas for your tip of the day. Have a great day.
Love,
Kat

grammy said...

hope that works out for you...retiring (o:
I think I see it coming for me because
dealing with lifting a walking up and down stairs
holding babies and kids is getting harder and harder

scrappy quilter said...

I too can feel it in your words you are ready to retire. Not long now. Hugs

Hollie said...

I know you will be glad to retire, & I'm praying everything goes well.

Angie said...

I hope you are able to retire - but you realise I suppose that you will be so busy you'll wonder how you managed to fit in a visit to the office.