It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Chapter 1, Page 19, Book 10

Every day we can find adventure in daily living. If you think your life is hum drum, just take a look around you. Right at home, at work, or any place you go, there are exciting and wonderful things happening every moment.

When you’re out and about, today, try to look at things in a new way. Approach your tasks with a fresh sense of curiosity. See something new, smell something new, touch something new.

It seems some days we have lost the essence and thrill of everyday living. It may be that we can find adventure in our lives by just getting up early to enjoy the beauty of an early sunrise, going for a hike instead of watching TV, or picking up a hobby that destroys any trace of boredom. I have so many that I will be busy forever.

For me, many of the little joys in life come from being outside. A nice cool breeze, the beginning of a good snow, laughing and dancing in the rain, swimming, walking, hiking, running into new people to chat with, exploring a new hiking trail or neighborhood: these are all the little joys that nearly 99% of the world (or at least America) misses on a day to day basis.

If you cannot get outside, try to sit by a window and do some people watching or bird watching. I love to do this in the winter when its too cold and icy to be out walking around.

Often a smile, a random hello, or some small act of kindness turns a day from really dull and dreary to something that seemed not so bad, or, even good. If we want to be aware and living in the moment, then we’ll be likely to become one of dozens, maybe hundreds of people that with a random act can make others day, and therefore their lives, just a little bit better.

MA’S TIP FOR TODAY

Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.

Our problems can bog us down and very often are so overwhelming that we forget to count our blessings.

Everything happens for a reason and there are many lessons in life to be learned. Sometimes I wish I didn’t know as much as I do. Life has taught me plenty.


Here are just a few of the lessons I had to learn

You shouldn't compare yourself to the best others can do.

It takes a long time to become the person you want to be.

Either you control your attitude or it controls you.

It isn't always enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Your background and circumstances may have influenced who you are, but you are responsible for who you become.

Credentials on the wall do not make a decent human being

There are many more I could list. Maybe you could too. Every day of my life I learn something new. Sometimes it is an ah-hah moment and sometimes it takes months and years to get it right.

It’s terrific Tuesday! I’m sure it’ll be a great day!

‘On Ya’-ma

13 comments:

Joan said...

I was feeling very down this morning but your entry made so mush sense really enjoy it and it gave me something to think about. love Joan

LYN said...

VERY INSPIRATIONAL POST TODAY..THANK YOU!!

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Hi MA! Yes, yes, yes!! What a uplifting post! After reading your words this morning I feel that I can tackle the day in a new way!! Thank you sweet friend for the encouragement!
Blessings~Sharon

Hollie said...

I love many of the same things that you do. I enjoy watching people too. I do that a lot.

Your lessons you have learned are so true!

Kath said...

Hi Ma I learn many lessons from your posts every day.Like Joan said in her comment,when I feel down I always think of what you write in your posts.Believe you me you have kept me going on many occasions.I watched the birds yesterday from my window as you will read in my new post today LOL!!Yes I keep smling no matter what.I hope you get a few smiles today too.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

Life has taught me a few lessons as well. I know one does change as the seasons does.
Very insightful post.
Thank you..
Have a good week.

scrappy quilter said...

Another post filled with so much wisdom. God has definitely given you the gift of wisdom, there is no doubt. Hope you are having a wonderful day. Hugs

grammy said...

lots of advise to take to heart
i do need to get out and walk more now that it is warmer and the side walks are not icy (o:

Ora said...

I love it...every word...nuff said....and thanks Ma for another great blog....hugs from Ora in KY

That corgi :) said...

I like reading your "life" lessons, Ma. It is so true that we need to rule our attitude rather than our attitude ruling us. We have the choice to control it and in turn not allow it to ruin our day or the day of others around us. And I enjoy trying to find something new and different in each day too; so true that life is indeed an adventure that so many don't fully appreciate until too late.

betty

The Lucy and Dick Show said...

I am all about your lesson for today! Thanks for reinforcing it!

Martha@Menagerie said...

You are so wise Ma! I agree with your thoughts today 100%!
Hugs :-)

Angie said...

In this weather I don't getout and about much myself but hubby Keith does. He's a great one for waving and saying hello to everyone: "who was that Keith?! "she lives at number 9." and then he can tell you the name of his/her spouse, their kid, grands...not his/her name though. HE FORGETS TO ASK!