It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, January 18, 2010

Chapter 1, Page 18, Book 10

>

So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom

Psalm 90:12

Since it’s the beginning of a new week I thought TIME would be a good topic to start the week off. As we age time goes faster and I’ve been thinking just how valuable time really is to all of us. Time is precious and irreplaceable. Unlike money, gold and other material things, the time we spend can never be recovered.

I’ve found that spending time on important activities, such as planning, building relationships and preventive maintenance (including maintaining physical and spiritual health), reduces the number of crises you have to face and keeps your life on track and in balance

We cannot identify what is truly important unless we step back and think about our daily routines. Only after considering what life is really all about will you be able to set priorities competently

Time is one of our most valuable resources. Once lost, it can never be reclaimed. We must use time wisely for our growth and progress so that when we are old, we can look back and recollect the pleasant memories and deeds that we have achieved.

Time well spent is worth much more than gold.


The things I consider of greatest importance in my life are my faith, my family and my home. Those are the things I love to give my time to and do so often.

Most people feel that the most valuable things they have are their relationships with family members and friends and the wise use of time prepares us for eternity. In this life we must take the time to prepare for eternity because once you've crossed over that line, there will be no second chances

The use of time is important because time is the stuff of which days are made. We don't want to look back on our life with regret that we didn't use our time wisely .

Life is simple and easy when you have a plan, Set daily goals to help you achieve what you want. Important to remember is that if you don’t value you’re time, don’t expect anyone else to

Focus on what you’re working on and you will become absorbed in your work to increase your creativity and relax more.

You all must know by now that I do like to relax more.


MA’S TIP FOR TODAY

Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.

There are lots of things that are a waste of time. Jealousy and envy are a waste of time. Anything that takes you away from what is good is waste of time.

Losing your temper is a waste of time. Unless it’s for a good cause time is wasted if you have a short fuse and explode when you are angry. And then we need to act fairly if we are to be of any use against injustice

I’m going to try my best to use my time wisely today so that the treasure of this day is golden. May your day be filled with time that is like precious treasure too

‘On Ya’-ma

9 comments:

Hollie said...

What a wonderful entry! Very inspiring as always! Thank you!

Kath said...

The question I am always asking myself is.When I am on a good day why does time go so quickly.When I am on a bad one why does it seem to last forever? I must take a few tips from this post Ma.I hope you enjoy your day today and make the most of your time.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Rose said...

Time is priceless!

Great Entry.......well done.

Hugs,Rose

Ora said...

Hi Ma...thanks for this wonderful posting...and yes...the older I get the faster time seems to pass by..my mother would say that also from time to time...!! God Bless...hugs...Ora

Together We Save said...

Beautiful post.... thanks.

scrappy quilter said...

We've been talking about this today...what we do with our time. You are so right. Once we get older time seems to fly by. This year has been one where I've been even more thoughtful of where I waste time and working on fixing that. Another wonderful post. Hugs

That corgi :) said...

I think sometimes we do take time for granted, thinking we have an abundance of it, and then when we age and realize it does seem to go by faster, we do tend to be more appreciative of it and tend to respect it more. I think one of the saddest things a lot of us seem to do is "wish" time away "wish for the weekend" "wish for the vacation" etc instead of trying to enjoy the time right now, even if it is doing something we might not be fond of (like work or chores, etc)

great advice as usual Ma :)

betty

Kathy said...

Great advice!!

grammy said...

love your words of wisdom
I try to spend time with the four little granddaughters because we have learned that lesson once.
It goes so fast
they grow before your eyes
I just can't hold them and kiss them enough (o: