It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Chapter 1, Page 17, Book 10

Retirement is approaching for me and I’ve been thinking about how it will affect me and the way I do things.

When we talk about those golden years after having retired and away from day to day hassles then it becomes important that we take care of our health and fitness for longevity and proper physical endurance to fight against diseases

Exercise keeps the antioxidants away from the body which is required for reduced fatigue and to avoid feeling lack of energy


Exercise keeps the heart healthy and maintains proper blood circulation. t is never too late for ageing couch potatoes - taking up exercise even in old age can rejuvenate the brain

Exercise is the master signaling system that tells our cells to grow instead of fade. When we exercise, that process of growth spreads throughout every cell in our bodies, making us functionally younger

Other than exercise, there is yet another factor that plays an essential part in the way our body ages. Optimism, love and community also trigger the process of growth, building our bodies, hearts and minds.

Keeping active is important and although there’s not much but clearing snow for me outside this time of year, I can do more inside to keep fit.

Today is Sunday and I’m off to church as usual. This is my day of R & R. Renewal and refreshment, relaxation and rebooting so to speak. My hour at church does more good it seems than all the rest. It is one way I’m assured of a good start for the week ahead.


You are all in my thoughts and prayers as always.

MA’S TIP FOR THE DAY


Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.

People who exercise regularly experience 25% less muscle and joint pain in their old age than people who are less active


It is never too late to start an exercise routine. Walking is a good aerobic exercise, and it strengthens the heart and lungs. Just make sure you walk according to your pace and rest when you are tired

Household chores could constitute moderate physical activity. This ensures that you do not become sedentary or become an easy target for illnesses


Stretching activities are a good way to strengthen those joints and bones. Just make sure you maintain proper form in order to minimize injuries

Above all don’t forget that SMILE. Laughter is the best medicine they say!

‘On Ya’-ma

Bee all that you can be!

4 comments:

Kath said...

I have done most of those exercises today Ma.Firstly I took a short walk to the local store early this morning,seeing as all the rain we have had the last two days has washed the snow away thank goodness.Secondly I have stretched plenty washing my kitchen cuboard doors, which I do every couple of days.Third I made quite a few people smile in the store whilst I was out.Last but not least I am relaxing now at my computer commenting,then I am going to read my book,wiggling my toes in front of the fire (more exercise) he-he.Enjoy your Sunday.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Kath said...

PS. I forgot to say your header bar realy cheered me up with those lovely flowers.Just beautiful.Take care God Bless Kath xx

Ora said...

Hi Ma...and I so enjoyed your header...you just seem to have the knack of putting just the right items together to make a great picture...and yes...I will agree in content with every word you say...but I get lazy...!!!!???? and as for you...I don't think retirement will be much different other than NOT going to work every day...cause I have a feeling you will do fine!!!! with just a few adjustments...like sleeping in a morning or two...staying up a bit later a time or two...and doing those great projects you seem to be to talented about!!! yes...you will do just fine...God Bless...hugs..Ora

scrappy quilter said...

We love walking here and try to get in some everyday (when our weather permits in the winter). We talk and share our goals and dreams during our walk. Always so refreshing. Can't wait to see when your date is to retire. You're going to love retirement. Hugs