It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Chapter 1, Page 16, Book 10




It’s a very quiet morning at my house and I’m relaxing and enjoying the fact that I don’t need to rush around for anything at all today. There are things that I need to do but my weekends are when I recoup from the work week. By the time Fridays roll around I am so tired that I’m ready to drop.

When I’m not busy celebrating all the family occasions, that I do enjoy to the fullest, my life is a pretty simple one. I think the heart of the simplicity is slowing down to enjoy life more, of savoring life’s simple pleasures

Some of those simple pleasures I like are

Taking a long, relaxing shower.

Sipping a good cup of Coffee.

Reading A good novel.

Eating Popcorn and watching an old movie

Being lazy on a Sunday

Making someone smile

Checking something off my to-do list

We need to live each moment of each day and slowing down a bit does help me to do just that.

MA’S Tip for Today

Buy flowers

Something simple like a bouquet of fresh flowers can change the whole look of a room. The provide a pleasing focal point that can improve your attitude and help you to focus on important matters

It’s also easy to decorate your home with beautiful arrangements of silk flowers that brighten up any room and displaying summer blooms in the middle of winter brightens my day for sure. One advantage among many is that artificial flower arrangements, if properly cared for, can last for years and doesn’t need to be replaced every few days, as is the case with natural flowers

You can easily arrange a small bouquet of carnations at the opening of a teapot or a beautiful pitcher

Light pastel colors can go with any arrangement color and they provide the feeling of warmth and coziness.

I do hope your Saturday is a bright and beautiful one! Even though it may be dull and dreary outside, we can be warm and cheery inside.

‘On Ya’-ma

8 comments:

Angie said...

Could it be...I'm first to comment??? Don't ask me why that feels so important but it does sometimes. I like flowers - any colour, any size, any source. You're right, they cheer the place up no end, though at this time of the year they have to come from the florist's shop!

Rose said...

That chair looks so comfy and perfect for reading a good book.

Enjoy your weekend.

scrappy quilter said...

I love flowers too. The more the better. You heading is beautiful. Hugs and have a wonderful weekend.

scrappy quilter said...

I love flowers too. The more the better. You heading is beautiful. Hugs and have a wonderful weekend.

Sybil said...

I Hope that you are having a wonderful weekend...
doing just what you enjoy doing. I like most friends enjoy fresh flowers. Indeed today my sister brought me a beautiful bunch of tulips in the most lovely shade of very deep pink which show up so nicely against the blue wall in the sitting room.
Love Sybil x

Kath said...

I have had a very relaxing day today Ma too reading a good book.Realy heavy rain rain rain here all day long, so the best place has been inside cosy and warm, feet up toasting my toes he-he.Flowers are my favourite thing.Without them in my home it would just not be the same at all.They put a whole new light on things.Have a lovely evening.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

That corgi :) said...

love the new blog header, Ma; before you know it spring will be here :)

good tip about the flowers too; such a simple thing can bring color and joy to our world and households :)

hope you have a nice rest of the weekend; I like the simple things best too as you mentioned :)

betty

Sonya said...

Pretty pic at the top! Flowers are wonderful. I bought some plastic ones that look real at a yard sale last year. They really add to my guest bedroom and give a look of spring all year round.