It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Chapter 1, Page 12, Book 10

Look what I found when I went out a lunch yesterday. I just couldn’t resist them. I’ve barely finished off all the Christmas goodies and now there are more in my house.

janvalentine2 004.JPG

Since I’m not eating very healthy and because it is so dry inside my house and my office I been thinking I need to drink plenty of water. I drink coffee and tea , cider and hot chocolate and orange juice but I really don’t drink much water.

Our body needs water to regulate body temperature and to provide the means for nutrients to travel to all your organs. Water also transports oxygen to your cells, removes waste, and protects your joints and organs.

Symptoms of mild dehydration include chronic pains in joints and muscles, lower back pain, headaches and constipation…could it be that my stiff joints might feel a bit better if I drank more water?

Twenty percent of your water need will come from the foods you eat. The rest of your water need should come from the beverages you drink. Water is the best choice

If you get bored with plain water, add a bit of lemon or lime for a touch of flavor.

janvalentine2 007.JPG

I couldn’t believe the message on this cookie. It is a sign of the times for sure.

One thing I’ve not gotten into because I’m lazy is texting. If I want to type a message it can be in an email not on my phone, please. I guess I’m old fashioned for sure.

janvalentine2 005.JPG

Ma’s tip for Today

Make use of the public library. This has been one of my favorite free things since I was a kid. Books, movies, music are all for free! Depending on how extensive your local library system is, you will have an amazing amount of resources at your fingertips. Your taxes already paid for it, might as well take advantage

jan10valentine 010.JPG

Oh yes, I do have a nice supply of Valentine paper plates and napkins too. I got these on sale after Valentine’s Day last year.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

‘On Ya’-ma

12 comments:

LYN said...

I AM FEELING LIKE A DRIED UP PRUNE FROM THIS HEATING SO I HAVE BEEN DRINKING A LOT TOO...

HAVE AN AWESOME DAY!

Sugar said...

i hate water, & have to force myself to drink it. i've found if i add a bit of crystal light (generic form) it perks it up, as i don't care for lemon or lime in my water. by adding crystal light, you can add as much or little as you like & several flavors.
have a good day.
huggies...

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I just couldn't get the pictures in my blog today. Hopefully what ever went wrong will be better tomorrow. I may repost this entry if I have time this evening.

'On Ya'-ma

Rose said...

Hi Sweetie,

All I got was the big Red X in the box for your photos...

Hugs, Rose

Kath said...

I was so relieved when I saw your message about no pics.I thought oh good grief not my pooter playing me up again.We also have a borrowing of oil and water colour painting hire service at our library.Whereby you can borrow them to hang in your home for 1 month then return and choose another one or the same one again.This is great if you fancy a change for your walls at home.I was only saying the other day I never drink water.I never did as a child either I do not like it at all.When I was in the USA the heat used to drain me, so I used to buy passion fruit and mango juice Mmm.Guess I must get my supply of daily intake from what I eat and drink in the coffee tipples LOL!!I hope your picture prob is soon rectified.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

scrappy quilter said...

I got all big red X's too for the pictures.

I loe your tip for Today. We use 3 different libraries. They are a wealth of information. Hugs

Jeannette said...

All I can tell you is that, being diabetic, I drink lots of water and was advised to and.....I still have aching joints lol

I could not see the pictures either but saw you will try again. My stomach is in knots over tomorrow and that is just the tests, not the results but then I have not left the house since October, you know how difficult it is for me.

Sybil said...

Sorr Ma, no lovely pictures to be seen today...Still glad to read all that about water. I don;t mind plain old tap water sometimes...but can't say that I drink very much certainly not the amount that is recommended..
Love Sybilx

Martha@Menagerie said...

Look like you're all ready for the big day!
Not eating healthy? No, I didn't just hear that did I? ::covering ears and running back to The Motivation Station:: ;-)
Yep, need to get lots of water in, it's so important and helps keep us slim and trim too! I drink 8-12 bottles a day!

Carlene Noggle said...

I DO NOT CARE FOR WATER EITHER. i HOPE I GET SOME BENEFIT THROUGH THE TEA THAT I DRINK!
TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS,
LOVE YA,
CARLENE

grammy said...

For some reason your pictures did not show up (o:
I have always loved the Library.
Some dr. (Oz0 say that liquid like tea count as your water intake ,,, not sure.
What does On Ya-ma mean or come from?

peggy said...

I also love my public library, it is small but they have a little shuttle that will get anything you want, also music, movies and computers to use. I hope everyone has one close enough to take advantage of.

If you order water when eating out, they give you a large glass and that helps.
I love your name.