It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, January 11, 2010

Chapter 1, Page 11, Book 10



The weekend flew by. Saturday was busy with celebrating and Sunday I was just trying to do a little catch up before another work week started again.

Here we are another Monday. I’m not so sure I’m ready for it but it is ready for me.

This week I really must get all the Christmas decorations put away. I have started but still have a ways to go and since January is almost half over, I think I’m going to put out what few decorations I have for Valentine’s day . They will change again in March for St. Patrick’s Day . It’s a way of having something different for me to look at here at my house and also means that I’ll do a good thorough dusting when I change things around again.

I always try to start with the dining room table. Once I get that done then things fall into place much easier.

As you walk in the front door you can see the table right off and I always try to keep to keep it looking nice. The front room and dining room have only a large archway dividing them so it makes it seem like one large room in many aspects.


I even did the kitchen table too.

Ma’s Tip for the Day

Get enough sleep.

Sleep for at least 7 hours.

Getting enough rest is very important for me and I can always tell if I’ve not had enough. Most of us use weekends to catch up on sleep just a little. But if you require extra sleep each weekend or are tired during the day, you are probably not getting enough sleep during the night

Sleep deprivation takes its toll in many ways. You're more likely to lose your sense of humor and control of your emotions, be depressed and get sick. It can also be deadly. Driving while drowsy is responsible for more than 70,000 accidents a year

People view sleep as a waste of time. Nothing could be further from the truth

One thing I did get was sleep so I should be ready for today…

Look out world here I come…


‘On Ya’-ma

9 comments:

Sugar said...

your home always looks so pretty & festive.
yes, sleep is very important. in recent yrs i only get 3-5 hrs per nite. rarely do i get a couple hrs more. i remember when i could get 7-9, felt & looked much better!
this week supposed to be in 20's & 30's here, woo hoo! a heat wave!!!
have a grand week, my friend.
huggies...

Buttercup said...

The flowers are lovely. Warm wishes for the week.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Hung my Valentines quilt over the bed yesterday!! Time for some "bright" colors!!

Enjoy....LindaMay

Jeannette said...

Love the pictures, so pretty. I sleep badly at night and always feel tired during the day. Say a little prayer for me, my neck and shoulder are bad and I have my blood tests on Wednesday unless we get more snow. I am really fearful of the results due to the very stressful and traumatic last four months I have had and,of course, it is the last four months the blood tests analyse.

Kath said...

Oh your header is beautiful.I adore flowers and when I saw those my heart lept with joy.Brightened my day no end they did Thankyou.I love all the decor ideas you do on these special occasions.So much time you spend.Well let me tell you if I was walking in your front door I would say just as above how beuatiful things look.So cosy inviting and welcoming.I cannot sleep vey well during the night but I do make up for it throughout the afternoon time if I am overtired I always take a nap.Iv'e tried cutting out the naps but still I do not sleep very well at night.It certainly does make a differance does a good nights sleep you are right,to our well being.Enjoy placing all your lovely things where you want them and I hope you can soon find the energy and time to get your Christmas things removed and packed away again for another year.Have a lovely day.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

scrappy quilter said...

The flowers are beautiful. I love flowers...they always bring a smile to my face. Love your new heading picture. Hugs

Martha said...

Lovely table decor, Ma! You are so, so right about how essential sleep is for our mental and physical wellbeing. My best to you for a Great Day, Martha@Sense of Humor.

Sybil said...

What a wonderful creative woman you are Ma..I would love to come and sit awhile in your beautiful home. I have got most of teh Christmas decorations away now...at least they are through in the back bedroom awaiting my B.I.L. to put them away for another while. Your flowers look so lovely. I will be having a few decoarations up this week...mainly of the card variety, it is someones 65th this week !! and the forst 2 cards have arrived.
Much Love sybil xx

Linda :) said...

still have the Christmas tree up and still turning on the lights.... outside decorations are all put away.... maybe this weekend.... :)