It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, January 01, 2010

Chapter 1, Page 1, Book 10





On the 8th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...


Eight Maids A-milking
The eight Beatitudes: 1) Blessed are the poor in spirit, 2) t
hose who mourn, 3) the meek, 4) those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, 5) the merciful, 6) the pure in heart, 7) the peacemakers, 8) those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake. (Matthew 5:3-10)

The maids were all milking,
Milk foaming like suds.
And then they all vanished
Just leaving milk of the Chocolate Variety

Milk Duds

Bite-size chocolate- covered caramels, MILK DUDS candy is a perfect snack for a night at the movies or anytime!

The MILK DUDS candy name came about because the original idea was to have a perfectly round piece. Since this was found to be impossible, the word duds was used. The word milk was used to reflect the large amount of milk in the product

Happy New Year Everyone!

If you read about the January Angel in my sidebar you’ll see that there is a lot we could talk about in my journal for the month of January…we could look back at the old year and see just what lessons were learned and we could make lots of resolutions about what could be a better way to do things in the New Year.

Just about everyone makes a resolution or two. But you know if you’ve read my journal or perhaps know me in person, that I’m all about living in the present. Remembering only the good things of the past and making all my tomorrows something to look forward to, but I do not to make them the focus of my todays.

I really do try to just celebrate each day as it comes and try to appreciate and enjoy what may come my way. Today is the best day of my life and I’m going to live it as it were my last.

Hum drum days are not always very easy to celebrate…going to work, shoveling snow are not the things I really like doing but they are part of my life and I have to make the most of them just like I would make the most of a family gathering or a party.

Being able to do this is a gift. I figure it took me most of my life to figure that out. All my life I had so many blessings that I just let slip through my fingers not even realizing just how wonderfully blessed I was.

So starting today and every day I’m just going to be sharing with you what ever there was to celebrate in my life. I’m going to let you know what is new at my house and rejoice in having another day! The good Lord only knows what may come my way. There may be pages in this book with tear drops on them or maybe there will be lots sunshine SMILES to show you. Whatever we have much of, it is said, we must share

And that I will…

Happy New Year from my house to yours!

‘On Ya’-ma

9 comments:

Hollie said...

Happy New Year. I'm looking forward to traveling through this new year with you.

Buttercup said...

I have and will continue to celebrate the humdrum. That's so much of my life. There are times this year past that I thought my life was completely humdrum, but when I looked at things for the blog and really counted the mundane as a blessing I saw how precious the day to day was.

scrappy quilter said...

Beautifully written once again and something to ponder over. Happy New Year. Hugs

Sybil said...

Ma thank you again for reminding us to live for today...I try...but find it hard sometimes not to look back on even happier days...we all have so much to be thankful for.
Much Love Sybil xx

Kath said...

Never a truer word spoken Ma than the ones you have written here.Have a very blessed day today.Stay Warm and enjoy.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Joann said...

Happy New Year, Ma!! I have the same philosophy as you do about life, we have to appreciate each day and enjoy our blessings every day!! May you have a blessed 2010!!

That corgi :) said...

that is such a beautiful appropriate blog header for the new year Ma!

interesting about milk duds; never knew how they got their name; used to love them as a child

love your attitude of living for today and in today and counting your blessings; looking forward to reading your life as it unravels in this new year

betty

ADB said...

Happy New Year, as you open book 10.

Guido

Barbara said...

Should be interesting to read. I do enjoy real life stories.

Enjoyed scrolling the pics of your family.