It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, December 05, 2009

Chapter 12, Page 5, Book 09

Ma’s Christmas Tip for Today

On a clear night, find the bright North Star and recall the story of the Wise Men

Have you ever tried to count the stars in the sky? Go outside and look at the December sky. Imagine how masterful our Lord must be to have created such a masterpiece. The stars light our way at night just as Jesus lights our way in this world.

Maybe instead of counting the stars tonight, we could count the many times in our lives when God has been there for us in a time of need and thank Him


As you can see my wise men are not in the Nativity …they are over on my buffet top…traveling toward Christmas. The only ones there right now are the shepherds. Mary and Joseph are over on the table traveling toward the Nativity too. It’s nice to think about them traveling toward the Nativity which they’ll reach on Christmas Eve.

Advent is like a journey. If we take time to reflect awhile each day it helps us to realize more and more what a wonderful gift we have.

My busy weekend will soon begin. I’ve so much to do making gifts here at my house so I thought a little advent reflection was a good way to start the day.

I hope it helps you a little too.

‘On Ya’-ma

5 comments:

Buttercup said...

Wishes for a great weekend!

scrappy quilter said...

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend. It's so cold here, think I'll stay inside and quilt. Hugs..

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

Cold and rainy here..good day to stay indoors. I hope you have a restful and relaxing weekend.

peggy said...

I am enjoying your posts. I think the nativity figures are so beautiful, they are so unusual.

That corgi :) said...

I always imagine God hanging the stars one by one when he made them :)

When I was growing up, we never put Jesus in the Nativity scene until Christmas morn and we too advanced the wisemen bit by bit on their journey to see the newborn King

hope you got lots of things ready today as you prepare for Christmas

betty