It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, December 04, 2009

Chapter 12, Page 4, Book 09

>

Ma’s Christmas tip for Today

Make French toast with eggnog


When I have company come in for the holidays I like to fix something that I can prepare ahead and then pop into the oven to bake for breakfast the next morning… So I thought I’d share this recipe with you today.

French Bread Toast Casserole

Everything could be mixed the night before and then poured over the French bread in the morning before baking.

1 loaf French bread
6 eggs

3 C milk
1/3 C sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
dash of cinnamon and/or nutmeg (op
tional)

Spray a 9x13-pan with non-stick spray. Tear up the bread and place it in the pan. Combine the remaining ingredients together. Pour them over the bread Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar. Serve with syrup

Serve this with some good bacon fried crisp or sausages.

I’ve made this recipe plenty of times over the years and it is really good. I’d never thought about using eggnog instead of milk until I saw today’s tip for Christmas and I think it would make it all the more special.

This cute little guy with the antlers on sings a song if you press the button on his hand. The song is:

HAVE A HOLLY JOLLY CHRISTMAS!

It is the best time of the year!

‘On Ya’-ma

7 comments:

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Hi MA, that's a GREAT recipe and a wonderful idea to use eggnog! I would never have thought of it. It's on my list!!!
Blessings! Sharon

Cindi said...

I'm going to make that casserole CHRISTmas morn...thx for sharing
xoxx

scrappy quilter said...

That reindeer is so cute. I love those types of decorations where you touch a button and they sing. Hugs..

That corgi :) said...

eggnog would go well with that casserole dish, Ma! looks yummy too!

love your little elf man with antlers; certainly a festive part of the holiday season

betty

Jeannette said...

Wish I could try it but I do not think sweetener would taste the same, I find sweeteners too sickly. Yes, now we are getting a few decs up, starting to feel a little bit more festive. Have a great weekend, dear friend.

Sybil said...

What a great recipe Ma,,,French toast is Mary's favourite as a savoury dish...but that recipe of yours would be a sure hit I think...I will have to give it a go...and as she also loves eggnog...Well.....
lOVE YOUR WEE GUY IN HIS ANTLERS !!
Love Sybil x

Rose said...

Using eggnog in place of sounds yummy.

Love your snowman cup and saucer.

Hugs, Rose