It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Chapter 12, Page 31, Book 09

>


My 7 children when they were young…the best gift of all

On the 7th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...


Seven Swans A-swimming
The seven gifts of the Holy Spirit: 1) prophecy, 2) ministry, 3) teaching, 4) exhortation, 5) giving, 6) leading, and 7) compassion (Romans 12:6-8; cf. 1 Corinthians 12
:8-11)

The seven swans were swimming and having such fun,
That when I called them, they wouldn't come out, not one!

So here we have…Seven New Years noise makers for you all!


I’m sure by now you need a break from my fun and games…Tomorrow I’ll have the 8th day of Christmas for you, but for now i
t is New Years Eve and the very last day of 2009.

The book is closed,
The year is done,
The pages full
Of tasks begun.
A little joy,

A little care,
Along with dreams,
Are written there.
This new day brings
Another year,
Renewing hope,
Dispelling fear.
And we may find

Before the end,
A deep content,
Another friend.

By Arch Ward

The Book of 2009 will soon be closed and I’ll be opening a new one for you tomorrow. What 2010 will bring to us is a mystery.

The poem above seemed to say so much about my journaling I felt it belonged here on Page 31 and I thank the person that wrote it. Sometimes I have a very difficult time expressing my feelings and the thoughtful words of others often express much better than I can what is in my heart. My Journal is written in books…this being Book 09 and tomorrow I’ll start Book 10. Each month is a chapter in it and each day is a page.

On the side bar of this journal I had posted pictures of the highlights of my 2009 book. The slate is wiped clean and the spot is now open for new pictures of highlights of a new year.

The past is gone, today is what we have, tomorrow is a mystery

Once you have read a book you care about,

some part of it is always with you.

Louis L'Amour

A Very Bright and Beautiful New Year to you all!

‘On Ya’-ma

10 comments:

Sugar said...

want to ty for your beautiful, inspiring, & insightful posts all yr long.
Happy New Year, my friend. may your 2010 be blessed.
huggies...

Kathy said...

I so enjoy reading your thoughts daily, whether or not they are original. Have a wonderful 2010 ma!!

Hollie said...

I wish you a very Happy New Year!

scrappy quilter said...

A part of your book will always be with me. The inspiration and encouragement you've given in each page has been such a blessing to me. Wishing you a very Happy New year. New years are always full of surprises and yet God has His hand in all of it. Hugs and love

That corgi :) said...

although it might be a mystery, we do know who holds the year in His hands and who is in control; I wrote in my prayer journal this morning "I don't know the future but I know the one who does" (and that is good enough for us, right :)

cute seeing your children when they were younger :)

Happy New Year!

betty

peggy said...

Thank you for visiting me so faithfully. I am looking forward to your Book 10, I know it will be thoughtful and bless everyone as did Book 09.
Best wishes to everyone.

Linda :) said...

I love the picture of your 7 kids at a young age... Thank you for sharing...
Wishing a Wonderful and Blessed New Year to you and yours!! :)

Jeannette said...

I love your journal and looking forward to your writing in 2010. A very happy New Year Pam.

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

What beautiful children you have. I have always heard seven is a lucky number..and it must be right, for you are blessed.
Happy New Year!!!
Love and hugs,
Cassie

Joan said...

Thank you for writing such wonderful words every day. Again Happy New Year love Joan