It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Chapter 12, Page 30, Book 09



>

On the 6th day of Christmas my true love gave to me…

Six Geese A-laying
The six days of creation that confesses God as Creator and Sustainer of the world (Genesis 1)

Six geese a-laying some eggs quite unique.

I looked at them close and what do you think?

You don't really want messy geese all over the house do you?

How about some of the eggs they left behind

The eggs will make eggnog

Quick as a blink?

Here’s a recipe just for you

6 eggs
3 cups milk
8 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoon vanilla essence

1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground

In a large bowl, beat the eggs using an electric beater (if available).
By turn, add milk & sugar.
Continue beating until mixture thickens slightly.
Add in the vanilla essence & ground nutmeg.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chil
led (at least 3 hours).

Serves: 8

I always sprinkle a little nutmeg on top of mine

Yes, I do still have a quart of eggnog left in my fridge so I really won’t be making any right away. It is one of my favorite things and always have it on hand from Thanksgiving till New Years.

The glasses have lovely Christmas trees embossed on the sides of them.

All these wonderful foods and drinks I’ve been having are certainly not good on my waist size for sure. Things are beginning to get a little tight. Thankfully I do not eat all this well normally so soon we’ll be getting back to healthier eating for sure.

Why is that healthy eating just doesn’t taste as good???

I’ll have the 7th day of Christmas for you all tomorrow.

‘On Ya’-ma

7 comments:

Jeannette said...

Looks and sounds great but a big no no for me

Hollie said...

I have never tried eggnog as I'm not fond of eggs. I love the glass with the trees on it. It's so cute!

That corgi :) said...

I never thought of making eggnog myself; usually just grab a quart of it at the store. going to try this recipe, Ma; thanks for posting it. Think is sometimes in the middle of summer you think of eggnog and know you can't usually find it at the store; with this recipe you could make a batch and bring a bit of holiday time to any time of the year, I like that

the painting done at the top of your header is very nicely done! (can't remember if it was a son or daughter who did it, sorry, but they are talented! creativity definitely runs in your family) did want to say because I forgot to yesterday, that the counted cross stitch nativity scene was gorgeous!! again very talented you all are!

betty

scrappy quilter said...

Eggnog isn't for me. I love how these days are all based on scripture. Just wonderful!! Hugs

Kath said...

I love eggnog Ma anything made with eggs I also love anything that I can taste nutmeg in too.Mmmm yummy.I made a baked custard yesterday,which is a similar recepe,only baked in the oven in a pastry case.The roosters favourite.I have just said the same thing this afternoon about my waistband on my skirts and trousers He-Heeee.I have eaten far too many rich things this Christmastime,but I shall be eating healthy again after the New Year.Luckily I am quite good at taking the added pounds off just as quickly as I put them on.Have a lovely day,smile and think of Spring I am.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Sybil said...

That egg nogg looks lovely Ma as well as the lovely tree embossed ed on quite a few of my glass. I have noticed that quite a few of my US friends have mentioned egg nogg as a drink at Christmas time. I think Mary would like it..and me ! so if I can get eggs tomorrow I will make some to drink tomorow evening as the New Year comes in.
Love Sybil xx

Buttercup said...

I like eggnog, too, but it's a little rich for me. I bought some chicken for the weekend and will do some very plain cooking. The treats have been yummy, but I think it's back to leaner eating.

Wishes to you and your family for a very blessed new year!