It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Chapter 12, Page 3, Book 09

<-t">

Ma’s Christmas Tip for Today:

Joy to Your World
Share the Christmas message with everyone who visits your home. Cut gold or silver shimmer fabric into squares. Place several wrapped candies and a copy of a holiday verse such as Isaiah 9:6, Luke 2:11, or Matthew 1:21 inside. Then tie the squares up with sparkly ribbon. Keep a basket of these favors by your front door to bestow on your visitors

I’ve done this in previous years and everyone was delighted to get the little package. I found some decorative little bags and put them in those. I still have a few left over…Maybe someone will stop by this year.

My little note inside reads:

Here is our Christmas Candle

A gift for your family to share

Let it lighten up your season

And spread gladness in the air

It is hoped that you’ll enjoy

A special season full of fun

And love will burn more brightly

When your holiday is done.

Today is National Roof Over Your Head Day.

I do love trivia and I found today’s on one of my favorite sites

It is a day of appreciation for the things we have, starting with the roof over our heads.

For most of us, a roof over our head signifies living in a house that protects us from the elements, keeping us warm, dry, and cozy. Unfortunately, not everyone is as lucky as you and I. There are many homeless people right here in our country. Some people live in a cardboard box on the street...... literally. There are millions of people around the world who live in poverty or disaster areas, and do not have a home to keep them comfortable and safe.

Spend a few minutes appreciating your roof and home today, along with the many things you have.


While they were there, the time came for her to have her child, and she gave birth to her firstborn son. She wrapped him in swaddling clothes and laid him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.

Luke 2:6-7

This time of year more than any other we need to remember in prayer, and maybe even a donation, those that have no home.

‘On Ya’-ma

7 comments:

Hollie said...

I'm so thankful for my roof also. It's so sad to think about people enduring the cold outside.

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Hi MA! Thanks for the great idea!! I love it! And yes, I am very thankful for the roof over my head, and for sooooo much more. Bless you friend,
Sharon

scrappy quilter said...

I'd love to drop over and see your home...I know it would be warm and inviting. I too am thankful for the roof over my head. God has been so good to us. Hugs

Sybil said...

Hi Ma, what a wonderful idea, it is one that I have tucked away in my memory box for next year...maybe even this if I can find some wee bags when we are out shopping tomorrow....As I keep saying I would love to be visiting you at this time.
Love Sybil xx

That corgi :) said...

I like the idea of the goodie bags, Ma; so very clever to get the message out!

I'm so grateful for my home too :)

betty

Joann said...

WOW!! What a great post for me to read today... It's just starting to get cold here, next week we're expecting rain. So I called the gas co. to come out and light my heater, (our attempts were unsuccessful). They can't come out for TWO WEEKS! So I was complaining about that, and your entry here, made me stop and think, then ask for forgiveness for being such a complainer... then give thanks, because I have a home and all the comforts... much more than alot of people. Thanks for knocking me on the head... sometimes I need that... LOL!!!

Sybil said...

Please Ma can you contact me...Help needed to get things on my blog !!
Love Sybilx