It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Chapter 12, Page 29, Book 09

This beautiful cross stitch banner was made for me by DDIL#5

On the 5th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...



Five Gold Rings
The first Five Books of the Old Testament, known as the Torah or the Pentateuch: 1) Genesis, 2) Exodus, 3) Leviticus, 4) Numbers, and 5) Deuteronomy, which gives the history of humanity's sinful failure and God's response o
f grace in the creation of a people to be a light to the world.

Only five golden rings?
There really are more
Of gold pineapple rings
I got from the store
.

Sorry, I'm too poor to buy five real gold rings, but will some golden pineapple rings suffice

This recipe is for pineapple rings with marshmallows roasted over the campfire

1 can Pineapple slices (in syrup or juice)

marshmallows

Sticks or Skewers

Skewer the pineapple slices, working a marshmallow into the center hole.

Toast over a low fire or on a grill until the pineapple gets hot and the marshmallow gets as brown as you like it.

You might know I’d have to stick something in here about a campfire…I am so missing my family and friends sitting around the campfire sharing and laughing together.

I’ve been counting down the days for sure!

A few have asked about when I’ m retiring. I hope to know that before the month of January is over. I will meet with the powers to be and see exactly what my income will be and then I’ll know if I can afford to retire. I’ve been given an estimated amount but that is all I have to go with at this time. After my meeting, I’ll know exactly what it will be. It all depends on what they say.

Have a great day everyone!

I’ll have another day of Christmas to share with you all tomorrow!

‘On Ya’-ma

9 comments:

Angie said...

I'm enjoying your 'Days of Christmas' posts so much. I haven't had much time to comment but just to fly in, peck all the entries and fly off again.

You can give me pineapple rings all day long! I only have one 'gold' gold ring that means anything and I would run into a burning building for that. Well, maybe not because it never leaves my finger anyway.

My Keith says retirement is wonnderful so, on that basis, I do hope you can afford to retire soon. Because of my disabilities I had to retire in 1999 when I was only 48 and I have to say that, apart from being always skint, I didn't miss work one little bit! There's always SOMETHING to do.

Kathy said...

I just said a little prayer for you. I am praying you can retire and start to enjoy the days you've earned as a lady of leisure. Not that I relax all day. In fact, some times I wonder how I managed to work full time and still get things done around the house and plan events and raise 2 kids. Looking forward to hearing a positive response regarding your pending retirement.

Kath said...

I do hope you can retire when the time comes Ma.You so deserve that long awaited rest.Well should I say rest,I don't think so.Us Mums can always find something to do,even when at home all day.Still we can have a break at whatever time we wish when at home and retired.Where at work one cannot do this.I love pineapples or anything pineapple tasting.Thankyou for the tasty recepe,sounds good.Have a lovely day.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

That corgi :) said...

what a cute idea Ma with the 5 golden pineapple rings, very clever you are!

that was a neat recipe too, I wouldn't have thought of doing pineapple slices over a fire like that with the marshmellows

I do hope you get to retire soon. I think we reach that point where we just want to be done with the jobs and getting up and going to work and enjoy some leisure

betty

Sonya said...

Retirement...wow...I hope it works out that you can do it b/c I know how much you want it to happen. Will say a little prayer.
............................................................................................prayer said!!!!!

scrappy quilter said...

I do hope you can retire when the time comes. We live on a fixed income and love retirement. We are probably more busy now than we were before. I too am really enjoying these 12 days of Christmas. Hugs

Sybil said...

I do love your ideas Ma...never would have thought to do that with teh marshmallows and pineapple...I love pineappples...
it will be good I think if you fined that you can afford to retire Ma..there comes a time when the effort of getting up every morning can get just tooooo much....especially on cold dark mornings.
Much Love Sybil xx

Nezzy said...

Now I'm hungry for pineapple and I don't have ANY down here in the middle of nowhere on the Ponderosa.

If your retirement goes like mine you'll wonder how you managed to do it all and work too. This Ozarks chick still is amazed she had time to teach too.

Have a blessed day and a fantastic New Year!!!

Mixon said...

Hi Ma...just dropping by to say your "twelve days of christmas" is just great...I love it...you are a real gem....hope the retirement funds work out for you!!! Happy New Year...hugs...Ora in KY