It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Chapter 12, Page 23, Book 09

MA’S CHRISTMAS TIP FOR TODAY:

Don't forget whose birthday we're celebrating

One of my treasured Christmas gifts over the years is this statue of the Praying Santa

I found this little poem all about Santa at Prayer and would like to share it with you today. The source I found said it was by Author Unknown. It was long after I received this Statue that I found the poem you see below. I thought it so appropriate for the mix of Santa and our blessed Lord that are so much a part of our Christmas traditions today.

The sleigh was packed,
the reindeer were fed,
But Santa still knelt

by the side of the bed.

Dear Father, he prayed
Be with me tonight.

There's much work to do
and my schedule is tight



I must jump in my sleigh

and streak through the sky,
Knowing full well

that a reindeer can't fly



I will visit each household
before the first light,
I'll cover the world

and all in one night



With sleigh bells a-ringing,

I'll land on each roof,
Amid the soft clatter
of each little hoof



To get in the house
is the difficult part,
So I'll slide down the chimney
of each little hear
t



My sack will hold toys
to grant all their wishes.
The supply will be endless
like the loaves and the fishes



I will fill all the stockings
and not leave a track.
I'll eat every cookie
that's left for my snack




I can do all these things Lord,
only through You,
I just need your blessing,
then it's easy to do



All this is to honor
the birth of the One,
That was sent to redeem us,
Your most Holy Son



So to all of my friends,
lest Your glory I rob,
Please Lord, remind them,
who gave me this job

I do hope you’ve enjoyed the poem and the pictures of my little statue today.

Hope your Wednesday is a great one!

‘On Ya’-ma

7 comments:

Hollie said...

I love the figurine also. Wow, what a fitting little poem. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Sonya said...

What a neat entry...Have a good relaxing week!!!!

scrappy quilter said...

That little figurine is so cute. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas friend. You are a blessing. Hugs

Anne said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE your statue and the poem. Anne

Anne said...

Oh my gosh, I absouletly love the statue and poem. Thanks for sharing it with us. Anne

Sybil said...

what a wonderful little statue...I have never seen one remotely like him...he is so gorgeous...Thank you for sharing him with us and also the wee poem..
Love Sybil xx

That corgi :) said...

I didn't realize there was a poem associated with the praying Santa, Ma; thanks for sharing it with us :)

betty