It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Chapter 12, Page 22, Book 09

>

MA’S CHRISTMAS TIP FOR TODAY

Decorate the backs of dining chairs with bows or stockings

If you don’t have a mantle to hang those stockings from I think this would be a great idea.

Don’t you love the color red for decorating? It seems like it brightens up so many things. I got to wondering why the color red is used at Christmas and here is part of what I found.

Red is associated with the heart and the emotions, especially feelings of love and suffering, and the Christian virtue of Charity. Red is the color of the God of Love who suffered for humankind. It is the color of His courage and His sacrifice

Red or ruddy is sometimes used as a synonym for handsome or beautiful. It indicates youth, enthusiasm, immortality, and good health

The color of the sun, red is also reminiscent of fire, heat, creativity, life and the full moon

Red is the color of riches, power, and royalty . Christ, the divine king, came at Christmas time

I use red for decorating a lot around my house . Here are part of the decorations on the front porch at my house.

My favorite place on a hot summer day is the porch swing but it gets little use in the wintertime.


This cute little Santa hangs by the front door as a Christmas welcome to all

And of course no door way would be complete without a welcome mat

I hope you all are just about ready for Christmas.

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!

‘On Ya’-ma

7 comments:

Hollie said...

Great idea about hanging the stockings. Never thought of that. I love all your decorations~! Red does seem to make things more cheerful!

Donna said...

Three cheers for red!

Jeannette said...

I use a lot of red at Christmas as well. What a great idea about the bows on the chairs. Just a pity I cannot get out to buy any really large ribbon. I might put a bit of red tinsel on each one instead.

Ora said...

all your decorations just make my day...and great idea about where to hang the stockings...and I love the color red at Christmas time!!! hope your day is happy and full of His light!!! hugs and Merry Christmas...Ora in KY

scrappy quilter said...

I don't use a lot of red for Christmas decorating. Just not that fond of red. I love silver/blues and whites. Hugs

Angie said...

I love your decorations Ma and thanks for filling us in about the colour red. I wondered too.

That corgi :) said...

LOL with your blog header, Ma. I can never imagine you being naughty

I think red is such a vibrant color that that is why it is good for decorations and decorating. I remember my mom saying that her mother told her when we were babies to have something red in our room where we could see it since it was good for our eyes to track it

interesting history behind the color of red too

betty