It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, December 21, 2009

Chapter 12, Page 21, Book 09




Here are the sleds I painted for the babes this year.

Ma’s Christmas Tip for Today:

Try to put your troubles on hold. It's okay to postpone worrying about your child's report care until after Christmas. Allow yourself the give of joy!

And this is the ornament I painted for the grand’babes’

Guess What?

Look on the Bright Side Day is today. We hope you see the light. Literally looking on the bright side may be a bit difficult today. It is winter solstice, the shortest day of the year. And, December days tend to be cloudy. However, we're going to be optimistic, and fully expect you to succeed.

DDIL#1 showing their sled at our family celebration this past Saturday.

Look on the Bright Side Day is a day to be optimistic. The term itself is an optimistic one. It calls upon us to look for something positive, out of an otherwise bad or sad situation. Often, a bad experience has positive lessons to be learned.

The words around the side of the heart say…wrapped in swaddling clothes lying in a manger.

If you have a bad day yesterday, look on the bright side.... today is another day, and an optimistic one at that

This has got to be one of my favorite days of the year !

It is also the first day of winter so I suppose that has something to do with the reason we have a Look on the Brightside Day. From now on the days will start to get longer and the nights shorter…minute by minute we are head toward Spring!

‘On Ya’-ma

11 comments:

Sugar said...

beautiful! just beautiful!

Ora said...

Hi Ma..yes I am back...and I must say...looking at pictures of your Christmas house and family is better than any Christmas Store I have ever been too...and I could feel the love and happiness in the pictures of your family gethering..aren't they a blessing?? Merry Christmas Ma...from Ora in KY

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

MA, your sleds are just darling! What splendid designs and artistry! You are so talented, so gifted. I think they are just the cutest things I've seen.
Thanks for the message today~I will pack up the ol' kit bag~And enjoy!!! Hugs~Merrly Christmas!
Sharon

Jeannette said...

I love the sleds. Yes, hard to believe that spring is not that far away but we have winter to get through yet lol!

Sybil said...

Hi Ma, Iam rying to see the bright side of life today...we are all ice bound..even yesterday I coudn't get the car out to get to church for our Carol service...oh how I missed it. Now praying that the ice will go before Christmas Morning, when we have a very short early morning service...
You do such lovely art work for the family.
Much Love Sybil xx

Sybil said...

Hi Ma, Iam rying to see the bright side of life today...we are all ice bound..even yesterday I coudn't get the car out to get to church for our Carol service...oh how I missed it. Now praying that the ice will go before Christmas Morning, when we have a very short early morning service...
You do such lovely art work for the family.
Much Love Sybil xx

scrappy quilter said...

Your sleds are just darling. I love them. What a wonderful gift. Hugs

That corgi :) said...

the sleds are adorable and I just love the ornament! so very talented you are Ma! now you get a few months of rest and then you, I know, will start planning what you will make for your family for next year's festivities!

love the tip to just put things on hold and enjoy the season; you are right so many things can temporarily be placed there to enjoy the season since it is here and gone so quickly

betty

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

what a wonderful artist you are..love the sleds.

Buttercup said...

Thanks for the reminder to look on all the good things and enjoy this time of year. Love to see your holiday pictures. Beautiful family!

Hollie said...

I love the sleds! They are gorgeous! I'm looking forward to Spring! I'm already tired of the long, long nights