It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Chapter 12, Page 20, Book 09


MA’S CHRISTMAS TIP FOR TODAY

Record names and addresses in your address book as your receive Christmas cards--before your throw away the envelopes

I’ve had my cards in the mail for a few days now and I am saving my envelopes of those I receive too as I want to put together a new card list for next year. My old one has so many alterations in it from people moving that it is hard to tell exactly which address is the correct one.

My family had a wonderful get together yesterday. At least all the ones that live in Ohio did. There was 2 of my sons and their families from out of state that were missing. So all the pictures today and in the week to come will be mostly from our 2009 celebration.

I just want to share with you a little from one of the Advent devotions I read each day

This year the Fourth Week of Advent is five days long. Thursday evening is Christmas Eve and Friday, Christmas

For some of us, the Christmas we will celebrate this year pales in comparison to wonderful Christmases of our past - perhaps because we were younger or more innocent then, perhaps because some of our loved ones who were central to our Christmas are no longer living or not where we are, or perhaps just because the burdens and struggles of life. For some of us, Christmas will be just another day.

But for or all of us, the story behind these days can draw us in, and invite us to bring our lives to the mystery of how Jesus came into this world and why

If we let him come into our hearts to be our Savior these challenging days, we will find ourselves entering the sacred night and morning of Christmas joyful and triumphant as never before.

This week will be a more relaxed one for me as my celebrating is finished with my family but come Christmas Day I’ll be celebrating the Birth of my Lord and Savior as I have for so many years with thanks and adoration.

On Ya’-ma

7 comments:

The Lucy and Dick Show said...

What a beautiful looking family!

Sonya said...

I have been on Facebook so much that I was looking for the "like" button to say that I liked your entry. lol. I guess I need another cup of coffee. lol

Kath said...

I will be sharing the same with you Ma.Thankyou for sharing todays Advent Devotion.So happy you all had a wonderful day and all had safe journeys home.Have a peaceful relaxing Blessed day today.Stay warm.Loved your attire on th eother blog I forgot to mention.You have such lovely clothes.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

That corgi :) said...

I bet you enjoyed holding your new little grandson! Loved the picture of your family that could get together; looks like you all were having a great time! I know you wll treasure the memory of that special time in the weeks ahead

thank you for sharing that devotion with us too, Ma, that is sooo true we need to grasp the miracle of Jesus and his birth to continue on with that joy after the holiday celebration is over with, no matter what we are going through

betty

Buttercup said...

The family picture is beautiful. Your tip for today is great. I mailed two cards earlier this week and when I looked at the envelopes from my friends, I realized my address book had the old addresses. Either they will be forwarded or they'll come back and I'll resend them.

Sybil said...

What a wonderful family group Ma, one to look back on in the grey days that may be ahead.
I look forward to seeing more as the week passes..Hope everyone got home safely. Been very frosty and icy here today but thankfully still no snow.
Love Sybil xx

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

Beautiful post, and a nice reminder of the true reason for the season.