It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Chapter 12, Page 16, Book 09


Ma’s Christmas Tip for Today

Write Joy to the World with your finger on a frosty window

I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God

Isaiah 61:10

This week we are reflecting on Joy as part of our Advent devotions.

My life is not full of joy every minute, but if I have a choice I’d prefer an attitude of JOY. I work hard to keep myself to looking for the bright side of things. In the Bible it says Joy is not only a marvelous gift from God; it’s a command. Philippians 4:4 says, Rejoice! I’ve found that being Joyful is something we sometimes have to learn . It can be spontaneous but sometimes it is very hard to find. And if you really want to have it you have to apply yourself to it daily . Just like everything else in life if it is going to be good you have to work at it.

This time of year it seems so easy to be joyful. All the preparations for Christmas make me happy just because I’m going to be able to give some things to people I care about and hope to make them happy too.


Christmas for us is always full of lots of love and laughter. But you know the day is coming when the holidays will end and we’ll be left with nothing but cold dark dreary days. That is when my choice gets a little tougher to comply with. I really hate to even think about it, but it’s true…and I know it’s coming.

It is not always in my nature to be Joyful. . . it’s an attitude I’ve chosen and try very hard to keep.

I do hope your Wednesday is a Joyful one!

‘On Ya’ - ma

7 comments:

Kathy said...

I think you are a truly positive person and you spread your Joy to everyone you come in contact with. Have a good Wednesday and a Merry Christmas. Keep that positive attitude and you'll keep the dark days bright.

Hollie said...

I have to agree with Kathy! You are a positive person & I love that about you! I love the believe sign!

Angie said...

Being joyful ALL the time is just not possible I find but I;m sure the Lord don't mind if you take a pretty good stab at it. I hope not anyway!

Take your point about the time when the Christmas festivities are ended and we just have to sit and wait for Spring. That, I think, is where the positivity comes in - knowing that Spring WILL come.

peggy said...

I never thought about it (joy) being a command, but reading this morning I see that it is so we must try.
There's the verse in Matthew that says "When they saw the star, they were OVERjoyed." I used this on some little pillows this year..Let us all be overjoyed to see His star.
Thank you for the nice post.

Kath said...

I felt a little sad along with you when you wrote it all has to end,after your joyful get together.I know like myself how much it means to you to be around all your Dear Family.It is sad it all has to end,but we have to be thankful for small mercy's Ma and this year I have no get togethers with mine at all.Still I love to give Ma so it's a very joyful time for me anyway.Spring is round the corner after this time and we all know how quickly time passes by.You will then be looking forward to your camping days.Sorry I forgot to mention in your other blog today.Safe journeys to your two Dear Sons who will be travelling what a pity they couldn't meet up.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

That corgi :) said...

good reminder about JOY Ma, especially with the season we are celebrating, but then after we tuck the decorations away for another year. Joy is something, like you said, that needs to be practiced even in the hardest of days; not joy in the circumstance but joy in God and knowing this is not all there is

betty

Rose said...

I love all your new photos.

Yes, we should all be joyful. It's hard some days when obstacles cross in front of you but we manage some how to handle it.

Hugs, Rose