It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Chapter 12, Page 13, Book 09

>


Ma’s Christmas Tip for Today:

Start a collection of Christmas cookie cutters

The tin cutters in my collection are the very first cookie cutters I had in my home. They date back to Christmas 1965 the first I spent in my own home. For many years they got plenty of use. The babes loved to help decorate the cut out cookies and very generously applied lots of frosting. It seems that was their favorite part of the cookie. Now they are stored away in my old cookie jar and rarely come out. This cookie jar held loads of cookies over the years but now only holds the cutters.


The rose candle on the Advent wreath is being lit today along with the two purple ones. The rose or pink color means Joy. I hope you find a little room for JOY this week! Do something Joyful. Listen to Christmas music, write Christmas cards, or even bake your favorite cookies.

‘On Ya’-ma

10 comments:

The Lucy and Dick Show said...

I also have a set I'm going to blog about. Mine are still in their original box and the shapes are just a little different, but they all bring back wonderful memories.

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Good Morning MA!! Great suggestions one and all! I just finished Christmas cards yesterday and sent off presents too! Today I will quilt, to finish a few last minute projects...which will in turn, give me so much JOY!! Bless you Dear,
Sharon

Angie said...

I have hundreds of cutters Ma but I would love to be able to get some like yours. Are they really tin? They look much more substantial. Most of mine are plastic, which doesn't quite feel 'right'.

Terra said...

I have a cookie cutter collection too, and maybe I will post about them sometime. I hadn't thought of it and enjoyed your post.
It is fun to have the variety, two tree Christmas cookie cutters, a reindeer, some Santas, a star, etc.

Kath said...

I still have some old tin cutters Ma at the seaside flat.The only tin one hereat this home is my gingerbread man He-He.Which I will be useing shortly to make some for the Grandaughters,to hang on their tree.So that will bring me JOY.Like Angie says though mine are not half as strong looking as yours.Nothing is made the same today.I love old things.Another great posting.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

scrappy quilter said...

No cutters here as I seldom bake Christmas cookies. Hope you're having a wonderful day. Hugs

That corgi :) said...

growing up we had that same set of cookie cutters Ma! they were great for making sugar cookies! what a cute way to display them now in a cookie jar :)

love your Advent wreath and can't believe this is the third Sunday already of Advent; joy is a wonderful thing to have, isn't it?

betty

Hollie said...

I love the cookie cutters. What wonderful memories. I have had a lot of JOY this weekend being with my family!

Buttercup said...

Happy and festive days to you!

Joann said...

I've never thought of a cookie cutter collection... Hmmm... I keep the ones I have packed with my Christmas stuff, so that I don't lose them, but I don't even know how old they are or how long I've had them. Great idea!