It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, December 11, 2009

Chapter 12, Page 11, Book 09


Ma’ Christmas Tip for Today:

Before going to bed every night of the Christmas season, ask yourself, Whose life did I make brighter today


The logo above is one that DS#6 designed for me and was given to me as a gift for my birthday one year. It has been a special gift that I’ve used every day since.

I send out an e-mail newsletter ‘On the Bright Side ‘ every day to family and friends and have been doing that now for close to 6 or 7 years. I never really kept track, it may even be longer than that now.

I started doing this because my family scattered here there and everywhere and I needed a venue to keep in touch with them all. Little by little some others have also joined my mailing list. When I started journaling on AOL once again back in 2005 I decided that I’d post what was in my newsletter there in order to keep an archived folder for all of them.

Now on blogger I have the archives transported over from AOL and keep them updated every day. That is why you’ll see ON THE BRIGHT SIDE listed on my blog list. It is updated every day, but this one is my main blog.

It has been a gift to me as well as hopefully to others to share something about my family and my faith. I also do a entry here on WHAT’S NEW AT MY HOUSE every day because I like do entries about things that don’t always fit in my newsletter.

I enjoy being able to share things that could possibly brighten someone’s day and that will be encouraging too. So every night when I go to sleep, I really do hope that with the good Lord’s help, something I’ve written has brightened someone’s life each day.

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below:

http://goodmorningsmiles.blogspot.com/

‘On Ya’-ma

7 comments:

Dad said...

i WAS LATE IN GETTING YOUR LINK IN MY BLOG, IT'S THERE NOW ON fRIDAYS ENTRY.
DAD

Jeannette said...

P.S. Maybe you can add it to your sidebar.

Jeannette said...

We made someone happy today. Great post as always.

The Lucy and Dick Show said...

Good work done! I am sure many folks benefit from your words and look forward to them every day.

Hollie said...

i always enjoy reading your entries. They are always inspiring to me & I appreciate that.

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

MA, what a lovely post and "Well Done" to your son!! I love that you remind us to help others, thereby helping ourselves. It's so easy to get caught up in the "me and mine" of the commerce of Christmas, forgetting the real meaning. I appreciate your posts each day, and each day I am able to set out on a strong footing with an idea or theme to carry through. Today I am sending you a BIG HUG MA. You mean so much to so many, including those of us you haven't even met. God Bless You!!
Sharon

That corgi :) said...

I love your tip for today Ma! how awesome if we all thought about if we made someone's life brighter in our days and strived to continue to do so even in our toughest of days

betty