It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, December 28, 2009

Book 12, Page 28, Book 09

>

On the 4th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

Four Calling Birds
The Four Gospels: 1) Matthew, 2) Mark, 3) Luke, and 4) John, which proclaim the Good News of God's reconciliation of the world to Himself in Jesus Christ.

The calling birds have all flown away.
They're visiting the South to see the view.
Instead of a call, they left these few things,
Some pencils and paper – their gift to you

I can't find those calling birds, but here are the messages they left for you before they flew off

Every Christmas it seems I add to my collection of notes and pens. Most of the notes that I send these days are sent via emails. However I do write myself notes and stick them on the fridge or by the back door or put them in my purse to find when I go shopping.

One person I read about even leaves notes on her bathroom mirror for her family to see with a dry erase marker. This dry erase marker wipes off easily and I suppose if you wanted everyone in the family to get a message – the bathroom would be the place.

I’m off to work as usual this morning and my message for you

Have a great day everyone – another wonderful one on the Way.

‘On Ya’-ma

6 comments:

Hollie said...

Cute pens & note pads. I'm off to work too. I sure am dreading it! Have a great day!

Buttercup said...

Off to work, too. Hope the day goes quickly and the phones are quiet.

That corgi :) said...

I like the four calling birds with reference to the Gospels; they did proclaim the good news of Jesus for sure and did "call out" the message of hope :)

funny, if I have a message to leave for son, I do leave it on the bathroom mirror :)

hope you have a godo day at work; I'm off to begin my shift in just a few minutes myself

betty

scrappy quilter said...

Have a wonderful day friend.

btw - have you set a retirement date yet? Just curious. Hugs

Linda's World said...

I love the idea of using a dry erase marker on the bathroom mirror (note to self). Great entry. Linda in western Washington state

Sybil said...

Well another week starts again...hope all is well at work and that things go nice and quietly with no complications. Over here today is still a Bank Holiday so they are all closed and lots of other offices as well, just shops open for all the folks who are rushing to the sales !
Love Sybil xx