It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, November 07, 2009

Chapter 11, Page 7, Book 09

PAINTING PROJECT FOR 2009


THIS YEARS SLEDS


WHERE I LEFT OFF LAST YEAR

The book lying on the table shows you the picture that will go on the sleds. At this time last year everything at our house came to a halt and these got packed away til now.

This time of year I do start to feel overwhelmed with all there is to do. I do want to finish my Christmas painting project this year and the list of other things to do around here is unending. But a lesson I’ve learned is to take it one day at a time and what gets done will and what doesn’t get done will wait.

Living one day at a time allows me to focus on the present and on what is important. Looking back is never really good unless you are recalling a pleasant memory. Looking too far ahead makes one get frustrated.

When I count my daily blessings, I realize that God's goodness is everywhere. I give thanks for my food, shelter, friends, family and livelihood. I choose to focus on my blessings rather than any lack of them.

The more I look for things to be grateful for, the more blessings I find. I am thankful for all of God's blessings and remain on the look out for all the blessings life has to offer. They are there if we take the time to look.

Have a great Saturday every one! It will be a busy one at my house for sure!

‘On Ya’-ma

PS…there are a dozen or so little sleds for the grand babes that need tp be painted too!

5 comments:

Martha (Menagerie) said...

I know how you feel and I like the way you live for today - the stuff that doesn't get done is always there waiting. I have a lot to do today if I want to have any fun and relaxation tomorrow. I might post a GIT challenge over at TMS in a couple of hours :-)

Cindi said...

enjoy your weekend....
xoxox

scrappy quilter said...

There going to be so pretty when they get done. I learnt a long time ago to take one day at a time, be thankful for it and live in the moment. Hope you are having an enjoyable day.

That corgi :) said...

these look like they will be cute once you finish them, Ma! and so many to do!! I bet the grand-kids do enjoy them though especially as you add to their collection as you can; do you date them for the year you paint them?

betty

Sybil said...

It sure is a lovely idea these little sleds. I have never seen anything like them over here. I am sure our kids would love them. It is extra special when Grandma has made them...
Take care,
Love Sybil xx