It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Chapter 11, Page 5, Book 09



This is the falls at the west branch of the river that runs through our town. The east branch also has some. I'll show some pictures of it tomorrow on my blog.


Here is the river at what is probably one of its widest points. Although this picture was taken a few years ago, the trees in the background look very much like they do now. Things are beginning to look a little bleak out and there are very few leaves left on the trees,


It is pretty to look at and walking along it on a fall day is a rewarding thing to do. Since I’m not camping this time of year, it’s still nice to get out and enjoy nature. These pictures were taken a couple of years ago. I haven't taken this walk in awhile but it is something I do enjoy.

Blessings are all around us. We just have to look for them.


'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Hollie said...

I bet it is such a nice walk. Thanks for sharing with us. I agree, we do have blessings all around us & we just need to look for them. I have enjoyed watching all the beautiful trees changing here in my yard. What a blessing it has been.

Jeannette said...

How beautiful it is. I wish I could walk there and maybe sit awhile. Thank you for sharing.

scrappy quilter said...

What a beautiful place. I love nature and all that God has surrounded us with, kwim? Incredibly beautiful. Hugs

That corgi :) said...

those waterfalls are gorgeous! what a pretty scenic area to explore! I think it would be neat to go and see how it looks in each of the seaons; bet with snow on the ground it is really pristine looking

betty

Ora said...

WOW!!! it would be great to have a waterfall like that to walk and enjoy...and thanks "to you" for being a blessing to us all each day...hugs from Ora in KY