It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, November 30, 2009

Chapter 11, Page 30, Book 09


Ma’s Christmas tip for today:

Take a holiday family photograph each year in the same spot, such as by a favorite tree in your yard. In years to come, you'll have a wonderful record of the growth of your family, as well as of the tree

Just BELIEVE in the magical power of Christmas

The things we use to decorate with have lots of meaning behind them and today I thought I’d share what I found out about the Christmas Wreath. Most of us have one on our front doors this time of year.

Every Christmas wreath is more than just a decoration...it’s a special reminder of Jesus, the reason for our celebration.

The circle of a Christmas wreath is a never-ending ring, a reminder of eternal love from our Lord and King.

The Christmas wreath is a sign of welcome, inviting all to enter in…a reminder of Christ’s invitation for all to come to Him.

The middle of a Christmas wreath is a bare and empty space, a reminder of what life would be without Christ’s love and grace .

So each time you see a Christmas wreath hanging from a door, may your heart rejoice in the One that Christmas is truly for!

 

May all who come to your door encounter Jesus in the heart of your home

‘On Ya’-ma

7 comments:

furniture in Toronto said...

Hi. I absolutely agree with your opinion about Christmas wreath. It's much more than a decoration. I must say that I spend quite a lot of time with preparing the wreath because of its importance. I like when it's hand made. However, it's hard to be original. This one on the picture is very nice and I think that I haven't seen this style of Christmas wreath yet. Thanks for inspiration.

Have a nice day,
Ella

Jeannette said...

Thank you for telling us about the meaning of the wreath. They are not popular over here and I have never had one. That is due to the fact that they were always used by the Victorians and Edwardians when somebody in the house had died so they are considered unlucky on the whole.

scrappy quilter said...

That's my passion, that all that enter our door would encounter Jesus in the heart of our home and see Him in us. Wonderful post. Hugs..

Angie said...

Jeannette's right about the Victorian and Edwardian funeral wreaths on people's doors but \i have to say they were a different kind of wreath and usually draped with black ribbons. The Christmas wreath on the front door is now growing enormously in popularity over here - it is up here in the north anyway - though we usually buy ours ready made. The Advent Crown and Advent candles are much more a part of our celebrations too.

love, Angie, xx

Kathy said...

What a great post. I am going to get my decorations out and get my wreath hung today!!

That corgi :) said...

that is a good idea Ma to take a picture in the same spot from year to year! good advice for newlyweds and those starting their families

I didn't know the origin/meaning behind the Christmas wreath; very nice! I'll have to make sure to get one this year to proudly display

betty

peggy said...

What a nice idea about the photos, if I could just get my family on board. And nice story about the wreath, one I will remember for sure. Thanks so much.