It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Chapter 11, Page 3, Book 09

DS#5 always displays his sleds outside his door at Christmas time

It’s terrific TUESDAY!


I’ve been thinking that just being content with what I have is a blessing.

We live in a material world. TV tries to instill in us the belief that it is what you have that counts. According to the media you need the right clothes, the right car, the right shoes, the right hair, the right "look" to be a worthwhile person.

I am dismayed to hear that they are now discriminating against people because of their weight. It seems if you’re over weight jobs may not come your way.

This is the very first of the sleds that I painted for my babes

We need to remember that it is not our outward appearance that really matters, but it is what we are inside that counts. It doesn't matter what you have, but WHOSE you are.

I’m not perfect and there are days that I think I would be happier with more things that I don’t really need. So when I look around my house - or in my closet - and start dreaming of things I would like to have, I need to remind myself that God is good and he amply supplies for all my needs


And here is the last of the sleds I painted that I have pictures of. There may be more I just don’t remember…all of them were fun to do



I’d say usually I do get way more than I deserve

I’m counting my blessings every day, trying not to take no more than I need from life.

‘On Ya’-ma






9 comments:

LYN said...

THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION THIS MORNING!

Cindi said...

homemade gifts are my favorite!!!
thx for sharing have a great day
xooxox

Ally Lifewithally said...

The Sleds are lovely ~ as always I enjoyed todays entry ~ Ally x

BlueRidge Boomer said...

We left that "right" society three year ago and moved to the mounatins.....lifeis soooo much better...everyday is a blessing....

Thanks Ma......LindaMay

That corgi :) said...

those sleds are just the cutest things, Ma! neat how your son displays them too!

so true to be content with what we have; I often remind myself of how Jesus lived, with not much, and that's because he knew this world really wasn't all that and heaven is going to be soooo much better than we can ever imagine, so always better to store our treasures there, right?

betty

Alice said...

I agree about the media. Lots of brain washing going on. You most certainly have been blessed with the talent to paint:)

scrappy quilter said...

I love the sleighs. As a person who has been overweight all my life, it saddens me that others discriminate against those overweight. We don't know their circumstances as to why they are overweight. I'm so thankful for your wonderful blog, for your words of wisdom each day and the encouragement that shines through your words. Hugs...

Kathy said...

Those sleds are beautiful!! I also agree that we are prompted by the media to have it all. I have way more than I need and yet I am always looking for the next big thing that I have to have. I need to be more grateful for the blessings I already have.

Hollie said...

Your gifts are amazing! Where did you learn to paint like that?