It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Chapter 11, Page 28, Book 09

>

Surprise! We had our first snow on Friday!

Ma’s Christmas tip for the day:

Be the first to wish everyone you meet a Merry Christmas

At this busy time of year I’m going to be sharing with you each day some way that may or may not help you to get ready for Christmas this year.

These are all ideas that I’ve found helpful over the years and hopefully they’ll help you too.


DDIL#5, DD, DS#5 and DS#6

At the gazebo where we went shopping yesterday.

I’ve mentioned before that I’m a theme oriented type of person. I have a bathroom that is decorated in all kinds of things pertaining to the BEACH and my kitchen is full of things that have to do with roosters. This year my Christmas decorating theme is BELIEVE. I found some really cute items when we went shopping yesterday so I’ll be sharing them with you throughout the Christmas season too.

Inside the old fashioned restaurant where we had lunch

On my other blog –- ON THE BRIGHT SIDE -- I’ll be sharing what I’m wearing each day as I have a Christmas shirt or sweater for all of the days up to Christmas…maybe even more.

And as the Season of Advent will begin tomorrow, on each of the 4 Sundays of Advent I’ll be sharing a little bit about that too. In all the busy-ness of Christmas preparations, preparing my heart for the true meaning Christmas is of the utmost importance in my life.

‘On Ya’-ma

9 comments:

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

What a Beautiful site with all of the snow!! You're getting me excited with the prospect of a white Christmas!! We haven't had any real snow yet. Just flurries..I think BELIEVE is a GREAT theme for this Christmas MA! Bless you and your wonderful family,
Sharon

Hollie said...

Thanks for sharing your photos! Looks like you guys had a great time. I love your Christmas theme also.

Jeannette said...

Sorry I could not read what you had to say as it came out white on white. However, you seem to have had snow! I do so hope we get some here this winter although for Christmas would be too much to hope for. With our new conservatory going up, for the first time it will be warm enough to sit out there and see it. That would be wonderful. I am full of aches and pains and in a state over Monday. I know you will pray for me dear friend.

Sugar said...

lovely pics, & nice posting, as always.
huggies...

ps (posted a couple of advent tags yesterday on my tag blog, will post another with a short post on my main blog tomorrow)

peggy said...

This last picture looks a lot like Paducah, my home town. It looks like my kind of shopping. I can tell you really enjoy Christmas, so glad I found your blog.

Kathy said...

I am eager to see your themed Christmas decorations. I also need to take a look at your other blog. Hope you found some good bargains shopping yesterday.

scrappy quilter said...

What a great picture...I love snow. It always makes everything so enchanting, don't you think. I know I'm going to enjoy each day you post about Christmas. You always have such wise words and wonderful words of encouragement. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas season. Hugs..

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

Love your pictures. Wish we would have a white Christmas.
62 degrees and sunny here today.. Have a good weekend!

That corgi :) said...

how exciting with the first snow of the season, Ma! it looks pretty too! looks like you all had a good time! looking forward to reading what you share about getting into the spirit of the season

thanks for your kind comment on my blog; so sorry it has been so many years without your hubby, I know that has to be hard especially since you were so young when it happened to be left alone, but you are right, our loved ones do live on in our memories :)

betty