It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, November 27, 2009

Chapter 11, Page 27, Book 09


The day after Thanksgiving begins the Christmas season for me. Some of my family and I will go out to a small village nearby and enjoy the Christmas festivities they have to offer. There is a candle factory and a craft show there that we always enjoy visiting. We’ve been doing this for many years now and if we didn’t do it, it just wouldn’t seem right

I BELIEVE in the magic of Christmas. The spirit of Christmas comes to us through images, songs and Christmas cards. It also comes from the warmth of a smile and a cheerful word. Christmas warms hearts like no other season of the year. It is a time when all people of all faiths share a warmth they don't feel at any other time of the year. People show much more good will and charity and they are more cheerful and loving too

We always want to do less--and enjoy it more. Every year I say the same…I’ll get an earlier start next year. I’ll be more organized… But I’ve found that the anticipation and the preparation is really half of the holiday celebration for me. It’s exciting and invigorating. I’m going to enjoy every ribbon I tie and every card that I write and savor the magic of Christmas.

‘On Ya’-ma

5 comments:

scrappy quilter said...

I love this time of the year too. I don't like all the consumerism though that Christmas has become. Yet I love that others give during this time of the year more than at any other time. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas season. Hugs..

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Had to work yesterday and today...we'll do Thangsgiving tomorrow and them hit the stores on Sunday....the excitment is a little slow starting at our house!!

Enjoy your day....LindaMay

Sybil said...

I just love Christmas MA, and look forward to the comming few weeks although they might be a bit busy !! I have now got all the cards written, stamps on and ready to by posted towards the end of next week for the air mail ones..I have also done all Mary's so she is happy...
Today was again a wet start but better by afternoon so we got out to do some shopping at Iceland for some freezer foods (mainly for Mary's Sunday lunches the only day I don't cook for her)
At least I feel we have done something.
Love Sybil xx

Hollie said...

I agree totally! I couldn't have said it any better. I hope you have a wonderful day!

That corgi :) said...

I hope you enjoyed your day, Ma; that sounds like a fun place to go with the family :)

there is something special about this time of year isn't it? I'm having trouble feeling it but it is indeed "the most wonderful time of the year" :)

betty