It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Chapter 11, Page 22, Book 09



Our family picture taken at my house on Saturday, November 21st

this is only about half of us as 3 of my sons and their families were unable to make it home this year.
FAMILY IS A BLESSING

If you read my journals you’ll see that family is a very important part of my life and I’m so thankful for each and every one of them.

This past week we welcomed a new member of the family. DS#3 and his wife are now the proud parents of their 4th child. A boy ! I’ve already a nickname for him and that is Little Lad. My little lad is such a welcome gift to this family. I know his big brother and sister will have fun spoiling him for sure. He’ll not be lacking for company and someone to read him stories or sing songs to him.

I remember that was the way it was when DS#6 was little. My older children kept him occupied and entertained. I was a little concerned that he did not talk much until he was almost 2 and then I discovered he didn’t need to do that, all he had to do was point his finger.

Hopefully sometime this week I’ll have pictures of the new grand’babe’ too. We probably won’t get to see him until Christmas time, but they promised pictures.

I’ll be off to church today as usual! You all will be in my thoughts and prayers as always.

‘On Ya’-ma

5 comments:

That corgi :) said...

congrats to DS#3 and his wife for the birth of Little Lad! much blessings onto that family!! I bet you are sooooo excited to see him come Christmas time!

loved the picture of your family Ma (or at least half of your family) So much smiling faces and love there!

betty

Sybil said...

OH Ma, congradulations on your new wee lad...I look forward to seeing his photo soon. I am glad that you had almost the whole family around you at this important time of the year; Family is so important. As always I was at my sister and BIL for lunch after church and my niece Beth husband MAx and his son Alex were all over from Bristol to join us. It was great to see them especially Alex as we don;t see him so often as he sats with his Mother in London. He is such a lovely young boy (man he would say!! he will be 17 in Jan) he is still into giving us hugs which is lovely.
Good night,
Love Sybil xx

Rose said...

Love the family photo. I love reading your blogs.

Hugs, Rose

Buttercup said...

Beautiful family photo. Congratulations on the birth of your new grandson. Can't wait to see the pictures. I've only got three days to work this week, too. So eager for Thanksgiving and the long weekend ahead.

scrappy quilter said...

Love the photo. And congrats on a new little one. Hugs.