It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, November 20, 2009

Chapter 11, Page 20, Book 09

This picture was taken last March on my 65th birthday
AGE IS A BLESSING

I was reminded by one of my morning mediations that I am aging like fine wine.
I'm Getting Complex And Full-Bodied

All the life experiences I've had have only helped to refine me to a golden glow.

I can tell you that getting older does have its down sides too, but for the most part I'm content and enjoying life. As my old house has become empty of all the family comings and goings, it has also become my refuge and my resting place.

I try take each day as it comes and celebrate the happenings of each one. In this season of my life I can look back with joy on all the wonderful things that have come my way. And I look forward to each new day too. Keeping active and enjoying life is what makes it all so wonderful.

There are so many things I love to do. I just don't sit around and grumble because I getting older. I find that keeping interested in lots of different things perks me up. I love reading, painting, sewing, cooking, baking, decorating, collecting, flowers and herbs, Bible studies, and the list goes on and on. There is not a dull moment in my life.

Never bemoan the fact that you are getting older. Remember ...You're Like Fine Wine... Aged To Perfection

'On Ya'-ma




7 comments:

Buttercup said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration.I find as I get older that there are so many things I want to do and am grateful for the energy to be able to enjoy. Books to read, Bible study and the world of museums alone could keep me going for years, and of course newer interests like blogging and blog friends.

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

What a wonderful and inspiring post! You betcha! That's the way to live! Thanks Ma!
Blessings~Sharon

That corgi :) said...

I don't think you have time to find a dull moment Ma! You certainly do live a very active life plus having family close by is such a joy too! I know it will be a fun time tomorrow with your celebration! enjoy it and take lots of pictures to help preserve those wonderful memories you all make being together

betty

Sayit-baldys said...

MA,
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT IDEA.
HAPPY TO BE ALIVE AND PLENTY OF THINGS TO DO WITHOUT BEING BORED.

ACTUALLY YOU ARE STILL YOUNG.
PEOPLE THAT CAN USE THEIR TIME IN PLEASANT WAYS ARE TO BE ADMIRED.

BEST NOT WORRY ABOUT DOOMSDAY THAT SO MANY THINK IS COMING.

FOR WE OLDER ONES, I SAY DWELL ON GOOD MEMORIES. PRAY FOR MEMORY

TO FADE ON BAD THINGS. WE HAVE BEEN FORGIVEN IF WE HAVE SINCERELY ASKED THAT OF OUR LORD JESUS.

ONE OF MY HOBBIES, COUNTING CATTLE. YES RIGHT HERE IN TOWN AT CANON CITY COLORADO.
THE 'GRANDFATHER CLAUS' ALLOWS A FAMILY TO CARRY ON ACTIVITIES AS DID BY GRANDPA.
PIGS, CHICKENS, GOATS, ENJOYABLE LIVING.

THERE'S A HUGE PASTURE NEAR DOWNTOWN WHERE I COUNT THE CATTLE FROM MY TENTH FLOOR WINDOW. BABY CALVES ARE OFTEN ADDED.
WHEN MAMA COW LIES DOWN TO CHEW HER 'CUD', THE BABY CALF FROLICS A LITTLE THEN LIES DOWN AND GOES TO SLEEP.

I READ 'DAD'S TOMATO GARDEN JOURNAL' EACH DAY TO SEE WHAT DAD IS UP TO. HE IS A LITTLE BIT OLDER THAN I. WISER TOO.
sam
blogger address is sayit-baldys

Sybil said...

Hi Ma, thanks for reminding us !!
I hadn't realised that you are just 1 year older then me !! what a wonderful full life you have had.
Wishing you the most wonderful Thanksgiving weekend...
Much Love
Sybil xx

Kathy said...

I am so inspired by your positive attitude and ability to make life so much happier. You truly are young at heart regardless of your chronological age.

Joan said...

Glad you are keeping busy even being retired there is not enough hours in the dy or days in the week for me.Are you still thinking of retiring next year. Have a great Thanksgiving.Love Joan