It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, November 02, 2009

Chapter 11, Page 2, Book 09

Here are 4 of my grandchildren Thanksgiving 2005

BLESSINGS ARE ALL AROUND US

More than any of our ancestors, we live in the Land of Plenty. We have more than anybody who has lived at any time before.
That year I painted these sleds for Christmas Gifts I usually start after Halloween and have them done by Christmas

Every day we have something to be thankful for. Just that fact that I got out of bed this morning was a BLESSING. You all know that Mondays are not my favorite day of the work week.


I can always depend
On how life's blessings never really end...

I could complain about my job, well not really the work, but the fact that I have to spend 8 hours behind a desk and then come home to a house where I have so much to do.

But I won’t

These sleds were very simple ones to paint but when you do 7 of them it does take time


My job is a blessing that enables me to have a house.

All the things I have to do – I can do!

I also painted these little box/ornaments for each of the grandchildren

Those are blessings.

It is so much better to count everything as a blessing. When it’s a blessing I tend to SMILE

And that in itself is a blessing!

That year I had 10 grand babes - the following year I had 11


If you've not counted your blessings lately, try it. It really works

Have a great Monday EVERYONE!


' On Ya' - ma



5 comments:

Sugar said...

beautiful! have a blessed week, my friend.
huggies...

Ora said...

Oh Ma...how talented you are...and everything is just beautiful...and what treasures for the grands!!! and yes...we all have so many blessings!!! glad you shared yours...God Bless...hugs...Ora

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Your paintings are sooooo cute....Thanks for sharing them with us!!

Enjoy....LindaMay

scrappy quilter said...

Awesome!! We do have so many blessings, so many things to be thankful for. I love the paintings you do. Hugs

That corgi :) said...

beautiful grandkids in that picture from 2005 and such pretty crafts you made, Ma. I bet the grandkids just love the homemade gifts from you :)

betty