It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Chapter 11, Page 18, Book 09

My table with extra chairs and all waiting for Saturday

Being Grateful is a Blessing

When we count the abundance of blessings that God has placed in our lives you just can’t help but be thankful for them too.

The feeling of gratitude is a heart warmer for sure. It is as beneficial as a SMILE I suppose, maybe even a bit more. I think though that if we are grateful then we are also SMILING.

Being thankful for all the blessings we’ve received opens our hearts to more. Because our hearts are willing, we actually do see more blessings in our lives. A heart filled with gratitude happens one blessing at a time. We just have to remember to look for them.

An attitude of gratefulness is a JOY to possess, the more we give away the more we have. Telling others how thankful we are for having them in our lives only increases the happiness we feel.

Maybe part of the problem in our society today stems from the fact that people have forgotten how to be thankful. Many tend to dwell on what they don’t have instead of what they do have. I have had those kind of days and what a bummer they were too.

The world does look totally different when we have a grateful heart.

Today I’m grateful it is Wednesday, over the Hump Day, and I’m done cleaning and shopping and this Saturday when my family will gather to celebrate I will have a lot to be thankful for!

‘On Ya’-ma



9 comments:

Dad said...

This is a very helpful and interesting journal. My readers are going to enjoy this and I am sure that we will see a lot of Smiles. Thanks so much. DAD

Jeannette said...

Your table looks beautiful Pam. Wishing you and yours a wonderful celebratory time together. Hugs.

LYN said...

THE TABLE LOOKS LOVELY...

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

What a lovely festive table Ma! And a wonderful post, so true. Blessings to you and your family this Holiday Season.
Sharon

Joan said...

DAD is right, his readers will also enjoy you wonderful posts. Your table looks very festive and with your lovely family around it this weekend, you will be surrounded by love. Blessings to you and your family.

...Sara's Mom

That corgi :) said...

your table looks very nice, Ma. I imagined everyone in your family squeezing around it, the food being passed (or however you serve it); the blessing being said, the laughter, the toasts, the family together enjoying each other. I bet it will be an awesome time for you all!

so true to be thankful for what we have and to appreciate all we have. even if it is not much, it is so much more than others around the world have

betty

Ally Lifewithally said...

Pam your table looks lovely ~ I can well imagine what a wonderful time you will have with your family around you ~ Ally x

scrappy quilter said...

Your table looks wonderful. And as always, wonderful post.

Ora said...

Hi Ma...and what time did you say dinner was Saturday...??? and I will bring my own chair too LOLOL..it all looks so inviting and pretty...I just know everyone will have a grand time...and I look forward to pictures!!! hugs to ya...Ora