It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, November 13, 2009

Chapter 11, Page 13, Book 09


The picture above is my mom and me at a very young age learning to walk it looks like
Our Heritage is a blessing

Most families share a secret recipe that has become a special family favorite. Most often, this recipe has been handed down from generation to generation and has a special story that goes along with it. I have a lot of recipes that I put together in a cook book one year as a gift to my children.

Photo albums are another way to share our heritage with our families and I’ve lots of pictures that need to be put in an album so that someday my grand children can look through this visual history that details how their family came to be

It’s good to take time to talk about why you do the things you do during the holiday season.

Our holidays are filled with songs. I’ve always loved Christmas songs and although there are none that are particular to my heritage it is a way of sharing what we sang as children and what we did when we would go caroling.

This holiday season I’ll be taking a moment to reflect on my family’s heritage and perhaps help my children connect to their past too.

Have a great Friday everyone!

‘On Ya’-ma

2 comments:

Ora said...

Holiday blessing are a joy..and reading your blog each day is a joy for me...God Bless...hugs..Ora

That corgi :) said...

that is a great picture of you and your mom Ma! I bet you do treasure it

great idea about photo albums with pictures telling of your family heritage. Before my mom died, she and my sister went through all my mom's albums and my mom gave her the names of the people in the picture and if there was any story behind the pictures. One day my sister is going to make copies of the pictures and send them to my brother and me so we have our own heritage pictures too :)

I hope you have a great weekend too

betty