It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Chapter 11, Page 10, Book 09


My little office where I spend 8 hours a day 5 days a week
Ordinary days are blessings.

I’m thankful for those mornings I wake up feeling good and the boring days of doing the same things over and over.

Sometimes finding a blessing in each day is not all that easy. When we go off to work and return home to do a little more work day in and day out the monotony of doing the same things over and over becomes a little tedious.

I’ve discovered though that after suffering a very bad day, the ordinary ones are wonderful. Every day my family is safe and healthy is good day. Every time my car starts in the morning I’m thankful. Every time I finish a day of work and arrive safely home, I’m thankful.

There are small moments in every ordinary day that make us rejoice in just the simple things in life.

Ordinary days are just grand…

‘On Ya’-ma

6 comments:

Hollie said...

I hope you are having a wonderful ordinary day!

scrappy quilter said...

I think ordinary days are often blessings too. I love them when I get them, yet Ioften forget to thank my Lord for them. Hugs..

Ora said...

Well now that seems like a really nice office...and a busy one too...glad you have such nice surrounding since you have to spend five days a week there!!!! Your blog brings such joy when reading it...thanks....hugs..Ora

That corgi :) said...

I agree Ma! I've had some crazy times/seasons of my life so when things are just ordinary and routine, I'm always thankful.

enjoy today

betty

Jenny said...

Sometimes the ordinary days are the ones you can do the most thinking in.
Jenny <><

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

cozy little nest u have there. This time of year can be hard on us, so just take care of yourself..
Hugs...
cassie