It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Chapter 10, Page6, Book 09

COLLECT HAPPINESS

Make yourself a happy box .

We all have down days. Days that are spiritually and mentally depleted.

An idea that was in one of my daily meditations said to give yourself a lift on those kinds of days just open your HAPPY BOX and SMILE.

A happy box should contain something that will bring you happy memories and cause you to feel good.

It could be a special card from someone you love or it could be a picture of a dear friend or your grandchildren

It could be a special stone you found on a walk through the woods or a shell found on the beach.

It should be anything that will make you realized just how wonderful this life we have really is

Your HAPPY BOX will represent items of love and joy that are present in the world everyday.

I’m going to start one today. It’s like having money in the bank of happiness and I’m opening an account.

GOOD MORNING !

Years ago I made a special gift for my mom. She was always saying (and never did) that she would love to go to Hawaii. So I got a pretty dish and put some sea shells in it. She kept the dish on the coffee table in her front room where she’d see it every day. I couldn’t afford to take her there but the little dish was like one of those Happy Boxes, when you looked at it you were reminded of your favorite place to be. Maybe that is why I love the beach so. I don’t really prefer one beach over another though as long as it is warm and sunny there.

Now I’ve got that dish in a special place in my house. I think of my mom and THE BEACH everytime I look at it. It is my HAPPY BOX.

This is a pumpkin made of wood.

Speaking of HAPPY THINGS I did some decorating around the house so I thought I’d show some of my Fall collection. Over the years I’ve accumulated quite abit and I don’t always get it all out but this year my family will be at my house for Thanksgiving so I thought I might as well put it all out and so I have.

I’ll just put a little here today and perhaps add some in the days ahead.

I took one of my little lamps and placed it in this antique bowl. It belonged to my mom. Then just placed some fall flowers around it. I can change the flowers to match the season. The small bowl next to it I found in a second hand store and it happens to match the larger one. I placed a candle in it. The pumpkin that you see here is made from a coconut shell.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Kindness: a language the deaf can hear, the blind can see, and the mute can speak.

When you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours.

What holds you together is far greater than what can tear you apart.

Respect costs nothing.

Life is like a soap opera. God is the head writer; your story line keeps changing; it's a daily event; and there are Friday cliffhangers.

Sorrow looks back, worry looks around, faith looks up.

Fortune truly helps those who are of good judgment


‘On Ya’-ma




4 comments:

Buttercup said...

What a lovely post. Have a great day!

scrappy quilter said...

I love the thought of a happy box. Again another wonderful post. I like how you've done some fall decorating. Hope you have a wonderful day. Hugs..

a corgi said...

I like your fall decorations Ma! the idea to put the lamp inside the bowl and then put flowers around was a clever one for sure! and it would be fun to switch out the flowers with the seasons

the Happy Box is a great idea to do too! that was clever for you to get the seashells for your mother to admire and think of the beach when she saw them

hoping the day is a good one

betty

Sybil said...

What a lovely idea to decorate your house for the fall season and of course your thanksgiving. We don't do anything like that over here but it would be a nice thing to do. Same with the..happy box...
Hope all is well with you...really...
Love Sybil xx